Repairs and refurbishments: the biggest one is getting all four of the wire cloches fitted with end caps, so I can renew the salad table. Took me several days of faffing about with the extra-heavy plastic mesh, but with luck it will keep the contents safe from squirrel predation.
I dropped a knife while putting it away in the knife block on the wall, and it hit the lid of the beautiful ceramic canister and snapped the knob clean off! Fortunately I had some epoxy in the big box of glue, and was able to reattach it.
Somehow, I misplaced my otter face needle book, which has been a friendly helper for many a year. (and I am really sad about losing my favorite sewing needles, that lived inside the otter). So, I started making myself a new one, as seen above.
Had mostly the right colors of felt, decided to add a pocket to the back of the needle book, with some strands of kelp appliqued on, but alas, only had fairly large black buttons for the otter eyes. New needle book will be much more kawaii than old one. Completion is on hold until suitable snap fastener can be acquired, as the only ones on hand currently are the wee little dolly sized snaps
I continue my efforts to learn to play the harp, today was online lesson #3. I have no inate musical ability, and despite being fairly dexterous with fine motor control, the needed hand coordination for playing music is entirely different than anything else I do, and my lack of anything resembling a lap makes holding the harp in place a challenge. Nonethesless persistence will be a good thing, and it is, fortunately, an instrument that cannot help but make lovely sounds, even when interfacing with the unskilled person.
I have had a walloping headache for most of today, for no reason I can divine. Ugh. No fever though. Been pushing water in case it was just me being slightly dehydrated, but nope.
※※※
May SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | teal knit tee for Nandina | repotted artichokes | taxes done |
| 2 | teal knit skirt for Nandina | computer zone shelf | yard waste bin |
| 3 | red/grey top for Nandina | cardboard back gate zone | recycle bin |
| 4 | red/print skirt for Nandina | pruned forsythia | - |
| 5 | setting for red Laurel | started cucumbers | - |
| 6 | samara earrings | backyard mowed | x |
| 7 | three baby baprons | Nandina's legs | x |
| 8 | two more baprons | woodchip back gate zone | x |
| 9 | teal/Mod top for Nandina | repot tiny tomato | x |
| 10 | striped knit dress for Nandina | repot strawberries | x |
| 11 | 4 more Nandina clothes | repot peppers | x |
| 12 | Nandina schoolgirl pinafore | paracord loops for plants | x |
| 13 | tiny red rucksack | epoxy canister handle | x |
| 14 | x | end caps for cloches | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - I have a Useful Bicycle Pump, that also works well for the tire on the wheelbarrow. The pump has a little moveable arrow on the pressure gauge, so as to make it easy to get to the correct pressure and not go too far. I like this feature very much
day 73 - year 2




I so much enjoy "A Day in the Life of Allison." Love your many interests and your responses to difficulties.
ReplyDelete