Sunday, May 30, 2021

fearful Friday

in which our plucky heroine is handed another (if minor) challenge...

so good news bad news... I am scheduled to have my periodontal surgery next Friday. However, I have to go in to the dental school on Wednesday to have a COVID test beforehand... this is good, because they are testing everyone who gets scheduled for surgery. This is bad because a. I have to make an additional trip on transit to get this done, and b. because I am a big weenie about how much the test is likely to be painful. I mean, I already know that the surgery is painful, and the recovery is both difficult and painful, and I well understand why all this is needed and a very good idea, but I am just so out of any spoons at all at this point, and can't figure out what will fill up my ability to be able to cope. I mean, it wasn't necessary for me to start crying on the phone to the nice person that called me to let me know I needed a COVID test. And I certainly will put on my big girl panties and just do what needs done, because that is what I do. 

3 comments:

  1. I've had a covid test and it's not painful. Maybe a little uncomfortable, but not painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know... thank you for the info!

      Delete
    2. I had the test on Wednesday, and I found it to be quite painful, much worse than the description of "like getting water in your nose in a chlorinated pool" my poor sore nose hurt for several hours afterwards!

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed