Today has been
※※※
I somehow forgot to check the medicine shelf for test strips, when I was updating everything "medical/first aid" prior to my surgery. Big oops! Fortunately was able to sort it all out over the phone, and even more fortuitously, my next door neighbor was willing to pick my prescription up from the pharmacy! I love my neighbors, and hope that they will remain healthy. I left a big jar of my Awesome Sauce on the front porch for them, and T left the bag from the drug store in its place... we spoke through the closed window.
※※※
Today one family that lives on the next block left. I was out on one of my "sanity strolls", and saw they were packing a trailer and their truck. The only reason I know, is that their young dog escaped and ran over to me, and they asked me to catch the dog. They said they were "going to the country" so I can only assume that they have a cabin somewhere rural. To me right now, this last week feels like the start of the sort of novel I do not like to read...
※※※
from my "beauty in the time of isolation" album:
QAC Assignment #1: SELF-PORTRAIT - I am using the book I made at Summits A&S to draw things in during this time of isolation. This was the first page, as the self-portrait seemed like a good beginning. I can't tell if it looks like me or not, but it was interesting to try to look in a mirror and draw what I could see...
I think these are willow blossoms? since there were also fuzzy catkins on the tree
the setting sun backlit newly unfolding foliage on the rose bushes down the street, and they glowed!!
※※※
today's gratitude - the electronic world, which allows us to share information, and to stay in contact with one another. Without that, this would be a slow moving tsunami we would not be able to prepare for. Within it, there are being great kindnesses shared as well. I keep my eyes open for the helpers...



You have the most interesting dreams! Not at all comforting sometimes, but definitely creative and vivid. Your concerns are understandable and your sharing them reminds us that we are all allowed to have feelings - fear, confusion, uncertainty are all very natural responses to change. I like to think that growing up as we did and with the vast changes we've experienced, we are more accustomed to the weird (referencing your last post) and adaptable to change than some. But that doesn't mean we have to like it!
ReplyDeleteYour self portrait is amazing! I suppose I should try that, to see if I come out as a Picassoesque abstract with two eyes on the side of my head. I took one drawing class years ago and the only time I could draw anything recognizable was if I was working from an upside down image.
If you follow the link under my drawing, it takes you to Carson Ellis' blog post about challenge #1, with tips and guidelines. And the point isn't to make it realistic, but to enjoy the process (and for me, to give me a chance to focus deeply on something outside my brain-chatter)
DeleteI'm trying to keep my blog honest as to where I am, just as I did during my cancer journey. Thankfully I am not spending the entire day in fear and grief, but using all the skills in my toolkit to maintain equaminity... getting outside and moving around help a lot
IMO, it is normal to feel anxiety at this time, and dreams could express some of that, as can crying jags. We can keep reminding ourselves that brighter days are ahead.
ReplyDeleteI have no pets, and at this time my little robot vacuum cleaner is filling in for one. At 1:30 last night, I awoke to the noise of furniture in my bedroom moving a bit. Also heard the hum of the vacuum cleaner. My little friend had turned himself on and was busy scurrying through the house, cleaning the floor. It makes me smile every time I think of it.
You are entirely correct. My body and mind and spirit are all doing their part to try and keep me balanced. I hope that in the long term that brighter days will come, knowing that it will be a long haul til we find a way to coexist with COVID, and that the world will be different in unknown ways afterwards. I am hoping for us to somehow create a more just and equitable world in the future.
DeleteI have no pets currently either... how amusing about your little robot! My young friend Heather has one of those named "Jarvis" who she has brought down here a time or two in the past. I am amazed at how very thorough they are.