Tuesday, March 17, 2020

some Tuesday tidbits

in which our plucky heroine remembers that she is an aging hippie...

Time of Isolation - Day 5

"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
~
Hunter S. Thompson

That phrase was a was a watchword back in my younger days, and when it came floating up in my mind, it brought me cheer and reminded me to be stalwart in times when all seems confusion, and that inner strength will help carry us through.
※※※

"beauty in the time of isolation" ... sharing photos of things seen on my sanity walks while practicing social distance:
I never ever tire of finding moss and lichen landscapes.

a nearby house has a front walk guarded by two of these small stately lionesses... I am very fond of how expressive they are.

Not certain, but I think this is some variety of purple oxalis
※※※

this prophetic story: "So Much Cooking", written in 2015, made me cry... (warning, it refers to the bird flu pandemic, and has an ambiguous ending)
※※※

I think I made the right call... Dental school clinic called to let me know that if I wanted to come in and be seen on Friday for a follow-up checkup (after my major periodontal surgery last Monday) that was possible. I told them no. I have at least four maybe five possible risk factors, and (unless it is a medical necessity that I be seen) I feel safer staying home in seclusion than going out among people... So hard to make these sorts of decisions with so little real data

※※※

March SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 candied pomelo peel back corner fence-
2 blood orange marmaladepantry reorganised-
3 cara cara marmaladecorned beef in freezer -
4 x
repair dainty bag -
5 xx x
6 x x
x
7 x x
x
8 x x x
9 x
x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - the long unseen friends that sent a surprise gift this winter, a fancy skillet that turned out to be an amazing addition to my batterie de cuisine... With my ability to chew food in abeyance, there have been a lot of eggs cooked in the last week, and that skillet lets me make omelets that look as good as they taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed