It is going to be terrible hot again today. Got up at 5 so I could be at the farmers market when they opened at 8. Decided to splurge and get a piece of fish from the fish booth, and when I told the nice man I had over an hour on the bus to get home again, he kindly gave me a hardfrozen ice pack ("good for at least 4 hours") to keep it safely cold. Another booth had haricots vert, and little new potatoes smaller than hens eggs... I forsee a lovely summertime potato salad (adding in some yard herbs) to go with the special fish treat!I love that I can double my EBT purchasing money there, which lets me get special things like fish, or berries, and puts that money directly to local and regional producers. Got home again before it was too hot to deploy the box fans, at least a little bit. I run them until it is warmer outside than in, and then close the house up tightly until the situation reverses or I fall asleep at night.
※※※
Happy to have figured out how to do the base for the Mindy camp kitchen cupboard: use thin boards parallel for the base, then use 2-by boards as cleats on the ends and for the risers underneath, so I don't need to cut a large plywood rectangle. Can use "screen molding" for the locator stops along the upper edge.
※※※
Current tablet weaving - 1 repeat takes about a half hour, and is about 5 inches in length
※※※
I had a weird adventure dream last night... Bill, and Eva, and I were all having a sort of odd picnic/sleepover in an outdoor garden, where the trees were actually huge tomato plants. We had made up our bedrolls from these vintage quilts, and were settling down with bowls of vegetable soup...
I suspect the subconscious influence of the Oregon Country Fair.
※※※
Discovered a bag of blueberries in the depths of the chest freezer... this makes breakfast a lot more appealing this time of year. Add a few chopped nuts, some yoghurt, and a spoonfl of rolled oats for a freezy museli morning treat
※※※
My sleep wake has become entirely disordered. I prescribed napping, and so today was mostly a massive siesta once I got home from the farmers market (and put the laundry out on the line to dry while I napped). Now that I am finally awake again, shall attempt the rest of the chores list, and scout around the house for things to declutter.
※※※
July SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | wool apron dress | planted tarragon | yard waste bin |
| 2 | large border block | LED light shield | - |
| 3 | Thora mousie block | harvested garlic | - |
| 4 | x | garlic braided | - |
| 5 | x | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | - |
| 7 | x | x | - |
| 8 | x | x | - |
| 9 | x | x | - |
| 10 | x | x | - |
| 11 | x | x | - |
| 12 | x | x | - |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
Your dream sounds like a children's fairy tale. If you wrote it, you could also illustrate it in a most charming way.
ReplyDelete