Monday, July 16, 2018

Monday and I'm melting

in which our plucky heroine grasps at straws...

On my way home from the needful trip this morning to drop off my EBT biannual forms, I stopped at Goodwill on the way home. A brand new older copy of the classic Knitting Without Tears will be a good addition to my resource library.
※※※

Though often riding transit is an exercise in grim determination, today there was a small bright spot. A woman got on with a child in a stroller, with two balloons with the words "Happy Birthday", and "It's today!" written on them in magic marker. Once they were settled in their seats, I started softly singing happy birthday to the little girl, and gradually more and more people on the bus joined in...
※※※

There is continued progress on assorted crafty projects - have completed 35" of the current tablet weaving, almost finished another interstitial block for the fabric printing project, and am currently in the middle of repairing an old favorite dress that needs the seams reinforced. I got tired of doing many many small patches, so am applying Hug Snug to the seams as a kind of decorative band effect... not ideal but far faster than my previous attractive but very slow hand stitching. I have decided hat it matters to save handwork for garments that will not wear out before the repairs do...
※※※


The terrible evil daystar persists in the current rampage, or perhaps this is just the new normal. The only physical activity I have managed to do today is my basic indoor PT. I am going stir crazy not being able to do outdoor things, and no relief in sight.

The combination of over 100F and intense sunlight have me entirely dysfunctional. Tried to ride my bike last night but it was well above 80F at 10:30. I may try and get up just before dawn to ride my bike, if I can get up that early. My chickens may be too hot to lay eggs, since they went from two a day to none, despite my bringing them fresh cool water in the afternoon

※※※

July SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 wool apron dress planted tarragonyard waste bin
2 large border block LED light shieldvenetian blind
3 Thora mousie blockharvested garlic -
4 interstitial block
garlic braided -
5 x- -
6 x x -
7 x x -
8 x x -
9 x
x -
10 x x -
11 x x -
12 x x -
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed