Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday fragments

in which our plucky heroine attempts to become crepuscular (in the zoological sense)...

Summer heat has me hiding indoors whenever possible, though it isn't always an option. Though I am not ever an early morning person, afternoon napping mitigates at least some of the exhaustion.
※※※

The other end of my tablet weaving setup - the weighted spools that hold the warps from each card.

This makes dealing with accumulated warp twist as fast and easy as can be (just push twist to the far end and let each spool twirl as needed) which makes doing complex weaves with irregular turning, like those in Applesies and Fox Noses, so much less troublesome. I am using porcelain ceramic electric fence insulators, one to hold each set of warps, and an additional one on each to add extra weight.
※※※

Further progress on the central linoleum block with Thora's heraldic motifs. I have decided that I much prefer the grey lino to the tan, as the tan lino keeps cracking/chipping off in small details and edges. (which is odd, since the tan blocks are advertised as being of "superior quality")

I have had to break out the epoxy three times so far, some of which is visible in the lower left of the tree roots. This also happened when I carved the confronted horses block, where the horse ears fell off and needed glued back into place. Fortunately the glue seems to hold up so far in use, but I shall avoid any further purchased of the tan linoleum blocks...
※※※

July SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 wool apron dress planted tarragonyard waste bin
2 large border block LED light shield-
3 xharvested garlic -
4 x
garlic braided -
5 x- -
6 x x -
7 x x -
8 x x -
9 x
x -
10 x x -
11 x x -
12 x x -
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed