Tuesday, March 1, 2011

a pleasant afternoon, + MMMar day 1

Today, after a rather rough start*, turned into a Very Good Day. I've been trying to connect with E for quite a while, but schedules were not cooperating. We finally managed to be in the same city at the same time, and her suggestion, that we meet at the Lan Su Chinese Garden for walkabout and tea, was an excellent idea.

the lanterns reflected in the pond


and raindrop patterns add additional texture


boss moss hugs the tree trunk


forsythia branches create shadow calligraphy

Whenever I've had a chance to visit the garden, there are always new bits of bright beauty to see; it is truly an amazing place in the heart of downtown. It was even more a great pleasure to have such a chunk of time to visit with E; a new friend is a joy, and she and I are continuing to find more areas of common ground.
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

...and, it is the start of Me Made March 2011. I forgot to take a picture until late tonight, so the image quality is rather poor, being taken in the mirror in the hallway. My clothing for today: polartec leggings, cornflower blue ikat dress, navy corduroy jumper with grey embroidered hemline, and two knit scarves, though only the smaller one is in the picture. My me-made rainhat was very useful whilst out and about; the refurbished raincoat (not me-made but very much the better for my structural alterations), and a handknit cardigan, were the outerwear of choice.
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~


* woke up around 2 AM from a terrible nightmare, and needed to spend quite a bit of time making certain which world I had awakened into. Fortunately, time chatting online with G, (who was quite surprised that I was awake), returned me to my normal happy equanimity, and sleep finally was a option again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed