Wednesday, September 10, 2025

not a one trick pony

in which our plucky heroine is somewhat improved but still groggy...

Hoping for better sleep tonight. Managed to get things prepared for the pillow sham sewing job, made samples of the flat piping in several sizes before the customer arrived with the fabric, and yes, the ¼" width is what she wants. I cut her fabric into two 4 yard pieces then serged them into cylinders, which will behave better in the washing machine than if left as one extremely long flat piece. V will do the pre-shrinking in the same way she will wash finished shams, then bring me the washed and dried fabric. Hopefully soon, as they need completed before 9/28.
※※※

~ a clever hack ~
I've been considering an herb stripper for ages, mostly because cilantro. Once saw a pretty ceramic one on Etsy, but never took that any further. Started thinking DIY yesterday, looked at a few tutorials, and suddenly flashed on my little spiral anodized aluminum knitting needle gauge... Never thought to use it in the kitchen, but it worked like a charm!
※※※

Spent over an hour in the middle of the day pruning the black elderberry in the parking strip, and filled the greenwaste bin again! And managed to get most of the Very Tall straight up water sprouts from the persimmon as well, which is a little difficult to work on as it is also currently full of unripe fruit
※※※

well that was odd... when I looked at my original P100, I noticed that the elasotmer had a worn out spot going right through the center of the top. So is no longer anything like airtight. I will contact Lee Valley, as I would have thought it (the structural mask) would last longer than a few years...
※※※

September SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 4 barkcloth tea towels box fan grille  greenwaste bin
2 yellow triangle pouchneedle gauge herb strippergreenwaste bin
3 knitted pony- -
4 8 jars quince apple 
rosewater sauce
- -
5 6+ jars fig lemon
marmalade
- -
6 x x
x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
- my brain made a Very Clever leap today
- knitting needle gauge=herb stripper for cilantro etc 
- seeing Gersvinda at the grocery store

Time of Isolation - Day 1907

2 comments:

  1. Is this a shop mask, or an out and about mask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly out and about mask; studio work only rarely needs masking,while out and about always does....

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed