Last night a cold front came through, and the weather shifted. Drizzle, some rain, and the ground is damp with droplets. Apparently Wellington does not like the rain. We have repeatedly answered his whining, or little barks, or just sitting and staring at me with attempts to go walkies. Emphasis on the "attempts" rather than the "walkies". Quirky little dog is full of quirks.
...those were words on a card mailed to me the year I lived in Idahell. They are a sort of minor touchstone. Tonight there was an online zoom intended for intuitive artwork, which I didn't really grok, but took to be something like freely artmaking without pre-planning. This is what mixing it up with crayons on a page in my journal turned into. Shapes that could be letters and words and landscapes.
※※※
When seeking out beads for the lunaria ornaments, an abandoned project also turned up, a bag of assorted black and white felt beads with two vials of japanese seed beads also black and white... intended to become "beaded beads" all counterchanged. Since now there were readily available beading needles, the felt beads have all been properly decorated. They are asking for some sort of appaloosa pendant next. Material objects are demanding, at times. Not quite sure where to take this, but it will be interesting.
※※※
Shopping news: Today I ordered some back up single vision computer glasses from Eye Buy Direct, since my attempt to repair the temple/hinge with epoxy only sort of worked. And I ordered a pair of backup shoes from Ebay, since the shoes that best fit my feet are no longer being made. And as a treat after my jab, the new Carson Ellis calendar (I love her artwork) which reminded me that it is time to get back to inking in the drawings for my own "AlphaBeast" calendar for 2026...
※※※
After trying to take Wellington for a walk this morning, it was time to head out to the pharmacy in St Johns to try again to get my booster vaccine. Fortunately the little piece of cardboard (Medicare card found yesterday) contained the right bit of data needed for approval. "Make your arm be a floppy as a noodle" is the best instruction for a relatively painless injection. I wish someone had told me that as a child, since the less you tense up, the less resistance and thereby the less pain. I probably looked rather peculiar afterwards, with how I kept waving my arm around, in various range of motion directions while riding home again, but that does help with the aftermath of the jab, as does good hydration. Had I not felt the vaccination initially, I'd be uncertain it had even happened; my arm is not sore at all!
※※※
September SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | 4 barkcloth tea towels | box fan grille | greenwaste bin |
| 2 | yellow triangle pouch | needle gauge herb stripper | greenwaste bin |
| 3 | knitted pony | pruning elderberry | recycle bin |
| 4 | 8 jars quince apple rosewater sauce | pruning nandina | greenwaste bin |
| 5 | 6+ jars fig lemon marmalade | picked moar figs | recycle bin |
| 6 | dried pears | picked plums | x |
| 7 | 4 jars pickled beets | small radiator foot | x |
| 8 | 11 jars salsa verde | spex temple | x |
| 9 | 5 jars strawberry rhubarb | got Novavax jab | x |
| 10 | 5 jars spiced applesauce | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
several day's gratitudes-
- knowing that the weather was going to shift, I picked all the figs that were ready, and now have enough to make a 2nd batch of fig-lemon marmalade
- was able to get my Novavax jab for 2025/26 today
- a good long conversation with my old friend Sharon
Time of Isolation - Day 1926

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed