I've been feeling wobbly for the last few weeks, not sure why, to some extent physically, and also very much in the emotional sense. Maybe it is the end of the calendar year, and feeling like nowhere near as much was done as could have been. I'll have to take a look at my year long SMART goal chart to look for any evidence to the contrary...
Saturday's gift, this lovely openwork crochet heart in rainbow/red that looks so lovely against the white felt background... and Sunday's gift was a wee bag of handwoven fabric filled with tiny Guatemalan "worry dolls", (that my dear friends brought back with them from their trip earlier this year)
For some reason, I was so very tired yesterday that I allowed myself to go lie down at around 5. (Might have had some relation to my walk/bike ride of over four miles, but more likely from all my poor, nightmare-ridden, sleep lately) After what amounted to a five hour nap, I then slept all through the night and well into the morning! I might be at least part way caught up on my sleep, and maybe better aligned with a helpful sleep/wake cycle
※※※
I wish that by this stage of life that I wouldn't still be struggling with the same gorram issues that have plagued me forever. But that is, I suspect, part of the human condition. I try my hardest to be positive, and not be a drag to be around, but then I find myself whinging to my friends about things that are really very trivial. And then afterwards feeling a wave of self-loathing, thinking that I could have simply refrained from broadcasting my actually minor frustrations.
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | rainbow cowl tassels | more clothesline | recycle bin |
| 2 | 85 origami squares | cardboard down | random book parts |
| 3 | heraldic potholders | set up paperwhites | recycle bin |
| 4 | pine needle stars | grey linen pinafore | yard waste bin |
| 5 | solstice sweets | bandana hem | yard waste bin |
| 6 | 2025 calendar | calendar pages | recycle bin |
| 7 | flannel pillowcases | keyboard key cap | recycle bin |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. My old Keen boots, which I wear more and more sparingly as time goes by, as I've not ever found anything like them. They fit the shape of my peculiar feet, and are almost knee high, leather, but built to be waterproof, and delightfully warm in the winter.
2. Today I am better rested than for quite some time, I slept for about 14 hours yesterday. I needed it
3. Today I was able to find a box of envelopes at the local Walgreens, where I hadn't though to search. I needed more envelopes, since I keep finding more folks I want to send calendars to...
Time of Isolation - Day 1627


Nightmares can be rich sources of growth, and have been for me. The day following a nightmare, it is possible to ask a creature from the nightmare, "Who are you? What do you want?" Sit, listen, and discuss. This method is called "active imagination" and was developed by Carl Jung. I believe he called active imagination the most powerful tool for transformation.
ReplyDelete