Ever since they cut a sizeable chunk out of my arm a few years ago, I get periodic dermatological checks from top to toe. I was happy to find out today that all looks normal, at least on the outside, and I can come back in a year for the next one. Dr O was pleased with how well I am doing, and was pleasantly surprised when I showed him my arm guards (long white jersey fingerless gloves that go all the way up my forearms)
Back at the beginning of the pandammit, just after the big Columbia Gorge fire, I made Nandina a wool felt skirt all decorated with embroidery and pinked felt, rather in the style of Salley Mavor's Wee Felt Folk. Remembering this, (as seen in the photo above) I decided to decorate the green linen side of the skirt I am making for Almandine with some little embroidered vines.
※※※
I stopped at the store on the way home, hoping for some tasty decorations for salad tonight. Ummm, two weeks ago small avocados were $1.49 each. Yesterday they were $1.79. Today they are $1.99. What I see reminds me (in a small way) of when I visited Yugoslavia back in 1989, before it fell apart, and how the prices would change every day.
※※※
Tuesday night I decided that whatever was making my left small toe super cranky was not going away and actually getting worse, so I made an appointment for first thing in the morning (8am) at the Immediate Care nearest my house. Got going super early so I would be there right when they opened.Only to find out, when it opened, that they had just been notified that their storefront was closed for the day, and they needed to call everyone scheduled to let them know... but I was already there. The clerk must have apologised at least ten times. All I asked was if I could have an appointment at the only other one somewhat nearby, and she was able to schedule me there at 9am. So after riding about two miles there, then two miles back home, then maybe another mile or so in the opposite direction, I finally was able to see a clinician!
They took a look at my foot, and asked about medical history stuff, and particularly since I have had cellulitis more than one time (and one time really badly), I am now partway into a week of Keflex three times a day; the good news is my foot is improving.
※※※
I really need to get off my duff and start doing more small fixit things. Whenever I look at my SMART goals grid for July, the middle column seems really empty and in need. Could be housey improvement, could be mending clothing, could be ???
※※※
July SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | 4 tiny knit vests | cleaned keyboard | recycle bin |
| 2 | tiny cargo pants | - | - |
| 3 | very smol Birks | - | - |
| 4 | silkworm print | - | - |
| 5 | 4 reversible skirts | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. Two avocados! A gift from the grocery clerk who feels as bad as I do about the prices rising every week...
2. A clean dermatology checkup this morning; I don't need to come back for a year, and the two things I had questions about were normal human variations and not more cancer.
3. Yesterday I got to go a little further in the Golden Sky Stories game with Stef and Mischa. Eventually I will get the hang of it, but I am already having fun!
4. I think I caught the foot infection in time, as symptoms are improving since I got a scrip for Keflex yesterday.
Time of Isolation - Day 1461

Have you had nasturtium petals on salads? They are a bit spicy and add a lovely splash of color. Neither Jim no I care for yellows or oranges, so I searched an found some lovely red ones. I'm training them up a trellis, so they are bright in the garden and in the salad.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried nasturtium petal to add color to a salad? They are a bit spicy, but not as spicy as the stem end. Neither Jim no I care for yellows or orange colors, so I searched and found some lovely dark red ones. I've been training them up a trellis, so they brighten the garden as well as the salad.
ReplyDelete