Sunday, July 7, 2024

estivation is the way

in which our plucky heroine remains hiding indoors...

It isn't great, but it is the best I can do until the temperature moderates a bit. I've been going out very early in the morning for a bike ride. I have concerns... every day the forecast keeps getting worse; I hope we aren't going to have a "heat dome" like we did in 2021, when over 250 people died in the PNW. When last I checked, the current heat wave extends into the middle of next week. Forecast for Tuesday is 104 F (40 C)
※※※

With tie-dye + new cargo pants + a new pair of Birks, Opal is now ready for whatever (imaginary)  summertime festivals and adventures may come her way...
※※※

I continue to amuse myself by making more dolly clothing. It is dopamine candy. I've almost finished making  knit tops and reversible skirts for the whole crew, planning to complete the whole 13 week challenge for all four of them, not just Opal. (and an extra three to send to Young Kestrel for her dollies)

It wouldn't be sensible for me to plan and sew an entire new wardrobe for myself, but I can indulge my love of wardrobe planning in this 1:12 scale mode instead. The limitation I've put on myself is to only use fabric and yarn etc that I already have. Plus, if I find I have scraps that are too small for dolly clothing, I know they are too small to save, which will help with my desire to declutter.
※※※

~ a little buggy ~
"Silkworm" is the most recent of my textile livestock linocut blocks. As always, block is ⅞" square. There are a few more yet to carve, but it won't be much longer before I'll be able to print an edition of the miniature book.
※※※

My wireless keyboard was becoming cranky. I tried the simplest remedy first: Turn upside down and shake. Since I cannot remove the keycaps to clean the interior thoroughly, this was what I could do. There was noticeable very tiny gritty substances that fell to the tabletop, and fortunately, whatever had been causing the bad behaviour must have been removed, since all the keys are functioning properly again.
※※※

July SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 4 tiny knit vests
cleaned keyboard
recycle bin
2 tiny cargo pants
--
3 very smol Birks
- -
4 silkworm print
- -
5 -- -
6 x x
x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. a bit of anti-weasel serum video sent by a friend
2. had a chance to chat with Mikki on Friday
3. a delicious dinner, a sort of soup/stew made from various precooked ingredients taken from the chest freezer, and seasoned with condiments to end up vaguely Thai style... Since I am not wanting to heat up the kitchen in this weather, continuing to cook ahead and freeze components is the way!

Time of Isolation - Day 1457

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed