Wednesday, May 29, 2024

patching things up

in which our plucky heroine takes it slow and steady...

Did I mention the nifty hack K told me about, for filling the holes in the ceiling where the screw anchors were located. Basically you roll up a narrow strip of heavy paper until it is just able to be jammed pressure fit into the hole, which lets you spackle over it. I'm going to add just a bit of white glue to the equation. If I make progress every day on the kitchen ceiling project, it will be completed without too much stress. I hope.
※※※

~ true words ~
blue ox feet, with signs of the times...  
※※※

Sent out the various business emails that were on my list, rode over to the post office to mail the finished OGGS medallion, packed up and mailed the three boxes for the Summer Solstice Advent Swap, and refilled my transit pass card with more dosh. Playing catch up with Mt Dishmore and Mt Washmore. I am doing what I can to keep up with the business of life.
※※※

Tuesday called two (of the six) tree services recommended. One made an appointment for a free estimate today at around 2 -3 pm; $800 to remove the one cracked plum tree in front yard + $400 to remove two arborvitae from the back yard . (The other place I called charges $100 just for the estimate visit, so they were crossed off my list) Phoned three more to try and set up more appointments. Bleah... Have another appointment for Sunday afternoon. (Another one I phoned charges $175! for the estimation visit, also crossed off list) Three more phone calls tomorrow and hopefully some more appointments to have the yard trees looked at. I really don't like this process, but it must needs be done and timely done.
※※※

May SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 4 tiny books
half front yard mowed
yard waste bin
2 10 tiny books
more front yard mowed
recycle bin
3 tiny footstools
replace cloudlight bulb
dead rosemary
4 acorn bowls
clean large paper lantern
yard waste bin
5 angora goat lino
pocket brown pinafore
yard waste bin
6 mini cushions
reframed raindrop print
recycle bin
7 copycat sunhat
partial backyard mowed wonky kitchen light
8 OGGS setting
front yard mowed
x
9 sunscreen mitts x x

today's gratitudes -
1. I managed to get through one meeting with a tree dude, and have another meeting set up for Sunday afternoon. I will set up at least one or two more meetings. I may loathe phone calls, but I can make myself do them.
2. in the last two days I have had three zoom visits with friends, and two phone calls. Am feeling rather well connected
3. I am going to be kiddo pen pals with Young Kestrel. Starting by mailing something to her once a month. And if she writes back, I will write back the next day - it will give her a chance to practice writing, when she gets to that point. She had been telling Jen that she wished she got more mail...

Time of Isolation - Day 1422

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed