Monday, May 27, 2024

Monday miscellany

in which our plucky heroine is feeling a bit swamped...

Tomorrow will be busy, I have six different tree services to phone and get risk assessment consults/estimates; asking friends to recommend helpful options was in fact quite useful. Turns out that there is also information on the city website about tree service providers, as well as information about possible replacement trees...  
※※※

~ Order of the Grey Goose Shaft ~
This medallion, started a while back, is completed and ready to be shipped to the recipient. It feels good to be back at the workbench again...
※※※

It occurred to me that the toile of the fingerless bike gloves could be useable, if I stitch down the serged seams to be neat and flat. The double layer improved version is better, but the toile is not that far off from the final pattern, and an extra set is always useful. A few hours of hand stitching would be a peaceful evening project
※※※

Sewing tasks for me in progress: gores for plaid flannel slip.
Sewing tasks for client upcoming: alterations on green wool cosplay Star Wars tunic, then altering pattern and making a green linen one for summer wear.
※※※

May SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 4 tiny books
half front yard mowed
yard waste bin
2 10 tiny books
more front yard mowed
recycle bin
3 tiny footstools
replace cloudlight bulb
dead rosemary
4 acorn bowls
clean large paper lantern
yard waste bin
5 angora goat lino
pocket brown pinafore
yard waste bin
6 mini cushions
reframed raindrop print
recycle bin
7 copycat sunhat
partial backyard mowed wonky kitchen light
8 OGGS setting
front yard mowed
x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. Chopped up cucumber mixed with yogurt and seasoned with Justice is really tasty, I like it better than tzatziki. My jar is almost empty, so I will need to order some more from Penzeys. I wish they still had their shop downtown near Powell's Books...
2. I started marking the kitchen ceiling in a four foot circle centered on the electric box. I think that the simplest option will be to use paint for improving the appearance. Maybe with some sponge texture...
3. I might be dog sitting later this summer, it will be fun to have Wellington as a guest again.

Time of Isolation - Day 1420

1 comment:

  1. Wow! what a beautifully intricate medallion. Your skill as a craftsperson and your artistry are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed