Sunday, February 4, 2024

Sunday snippets

in which our plucky heroine has a quiet, slightly productive day...

There has been cookery, and cleanery, and assorted choresery, interspersed with my several video meetings, and two family phonecalls, one from my SIL and one from my Aged Auntie...
※※※

~ drawing every day - week 5 ~
Just finished week 5 of drawing every day...   I've returned to feeling pleased to be starting my day with the "drawing first of all" session. It began to feel helpful again, in the way of encouraging my mind to stop running all the subroutines and just focus on one thing: the hand/eye/mind connection. It is a meditation, but different than sitting and doing nothing...
※※※

... did a bit more brainstorming about one of my bathroom design challenges re covering the undersink. Maybe attaching magnets in various ways, or possibly creating a basketry or wooden screen, and Ursel found some spendy manufactured curved railings of a suitable shape, though rather larger than I want. Much food for thought. Apparently my brain simply is constantly running design scenarios of one flavor or another.
※※※
 
yesterday there was a small bit of pruning, cutting back some of the quinceling, and taking a look at the apple tree which still needs attention (though I may just mark the parts I want to prune on the apple and save those actual cuts for summertime pruning). There also seems to be a whole little dappled cluster of snowdrops underneath the Wanda plum outside the bedroom window; I have no memory of planting them there!
※※※

February SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Jedi tunic
wall storage bathroom
recycle bin
2 5 jars blood orange marmalade
wall storage utility
-
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. the small pottery pots that the rose yogurt comes in also make great containers for storing leftovers short term in the fridge. and I just noticed that the smaller size of canning jar dry storage lids, while not a perfect fit, do well enough...
2. making marmalade is the easiest of the preserves I make, needing only the organic citrus, sugar and the juice of two lemons, and the results are so good!
3. I've just found a new-to-me YouTube channel to follow: "The Last Homely House" I've been using it more as a podcast rather than as video content. It matters to me how the person speaking sounds, and I have only ever found a very few podcasts where the "melody" of the speaker is enjoyable to me. This one is. I am not a quilter, which it appears that a fair amount of her content describes, but she also talks about her country cottage, and sewing, cookery, and other housey topics.

Time of Isolation - Day 1312

4 comments:

  1. Kate at the Last Homely House has a vast array of content, including a newer channel she started about creating a pond and little outbuilding on her homestead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to many happy hours of listening to her!

      Delete
  2. Have you listened to the Haptic and Hue podcast? Jo Andrews has a lovely voice for listening, the topics are interesting and diverse in fiber arts, and I always end each session feeling better than when I started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to look for that, as I'd not heard of it before... sounds like just my "cup of tea"!

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed