Spent time today on some housey projects long planned, and a few other useful tasks
※※※
~ on the walls ~
Everything always takes longer than I expect... but today I attached the wall storage cabinets (the ones that took the FedEx scenic route via a long overlay in Troutdale) to their respective locations in Acorn Cottage:~ on the walls ~
in the utility closet - to hold things such as vacuum bags and attachments, canning jar rings, and other random equipment
in the bathroom - storage to hold back stock supplies such as Qtips, and less frequently used first aid supplies.
Also see new storage cart with cleaning supplies and extra paper. It neatly rolls right over the bathroom scale, which now has a place to live where it isn't a toe biter, and by rolling the cart out of the way in the morning, I can easily weigh myself.
(Might have to add a miniature RASKOG cart to the future bathroom diorama that is still in the planning stages)
※※※
Finally acquired a spring tension rod of the correct size, so I can make some clear bubblepak "curtains" for the bigger window in the workroom. Apparently Fred Meyers no longer carries suchlike. It then occurred to me that the hardware store might, and after about another mile on my bike, I was happy to find the needful item to complete this project.
※※※
Last night the organic blood oranges were boiled to soften them, and tonight they will be turned into a few jars of my favorite marmalade. Other than that, I don't plan on any more jams or preserves until late fall when the quince comes ripe. There is more than enough on the pantry shelves already.
※※※
I've started on another copy of the miniature Gashleycrumb Tinies, this one for the tinyworld library shelves here... I do love making up miniature books!
※※※
February SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | Jedi tunic | wall storage bathroom | - |
| 2 | - | wall storage utility | - |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. I asked at NS about the missing golden flaxseed meal, and it turned out it wasn't out of stock, or no longer carried, but just had been left off the orders because in refrigerator case, but not dairy... should be in store by Sunday. Yay! As my dad used to say "if you don't ask, you don't get"
2. I found a whole set (apple, lemon, strawberry, blueberry, grape, and pear) of the USPS fruit stamps on Ebay, at a very minimal cost. Books about fruit for the Countdown to the Summer Solstice Swap in my future...
3. Second time so far this year I have managed to hang laundry out on a dry, sunny (if cold) day. Line dried is always better than in the tumble dryer.
Time of Isolation - Day 1311


No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed