The sky was blue, but it turned very cold again, as it does whenever the cloud blanket is removed. I swept off more of the front porch and a narrow path not quite all the way to the sidewalk. Then I put the broom and the shovel away, and took a Very Short Walk. By the time I was partway down the cross street I started to cough from the cold, and decided to cut my walk in half, and turned down the alleyway instead. Much less wind, blocked by the houses and fences. Still, it felt good to be outdoors even briefly. There is an ice storm forecast tomorrow, but after that the temperature should rise and we will get rain."Create every day" seems to have turned into "draw every day". Not at all the dopamine generator that was my intention, but I've managed to keep this going for two weeks so far. This activity is valuable in its own right though...
※※※
Sewing progress report: today I worked on recreating the basic pinafore bodice pattern, with the intention of first making the plaid flannel slip, and then the teal linen pinafore. Both of those are part of my wardrobe sewing plans, that involve using fabric I already have to add versatile garments to my current wardrobe. Part of my eventual goal is to make several new slips to wear during the coldest part of the winter, as my two current ones are so very worn. I've taken to wearing my summer popover dresses in lieu of slips, but that isn't ideal.
I thought I'd just add a link here to the "rules" I made for SWAP 2020, the year I was the coordinator, (and the year that COVID arrived and swept away all our plans) I still really like the guidelines I came up with, and use the concepts to plan out pretty much all my own wardrobe sewing (though not the "sew 11 garments" aspect): SWAP rules from 2020
※※※
Finished sawing the bathroom undersink hatch pieces apart. Yay for japanese style hand saw; I may be slow, but I do get there in the end. Next step is to attach the suitable hardware: handles to the large portion, hinges between the two pieces, and a knob or two to the narrow piece. This all should make putting it in place (and removing if necessary again) a LOT easier. Once this is all done, I will need to design the access hatch for undersink in the kitchen, for whenever Bill has the time to come back and help with the final plumbing repair and hatch building...
※※※
January SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | Jedi obi sash | reinstall octopus | recycle bin |
| 2 | Jedi underlayer | hang candle lantern | - |
| 3 | 2 tiny books | paint tiger frame | - |
| 4 | teal knit top | patch closet holes | - |
| 5 | green tiny hat | - | - |
| 6 | 2 hats & 3 scarves | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. tasty stir fry: bok choi and the last of the frozen shrimp
2. progress on flannel slip pattern
3. managed a walk outside today
Time of Isolation - Day 1292

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed