Sunday, January 8, 2023

wonderings and whatnot...

in which our plucky heroine keeps making things...

I remain baffled as to how I can misplace something as large as a flannel bedsheet in the confines of Acorn Cottage, which is a Very small though not tiny house. I'd had the idea to create a flannel duvet cover from the two most colorful of the winter sheets, but one of the two is nowhere to be found, not in the laundry, not in with the sewing stash, and not with the other bedding??? I shall put that idea on hold for the moment, and move on to other projects.
※※※

English ivy berries
I didn't realise that this was a form of the invasive ivy, as I have never seen it mature, with "berries" I love how easy it is to find information online, and what a change from the challenges of research even a few decades ago!
※※※

Tempted to join in the "100 day stitch book project" - 100 days: 15 minutes a day of hand stitching, starting on January 20th. It would be fun, and a way to use some of the myriads of little scraps of fabric I can't help but save, and the structure of the finished book is intriguing. I've loved all the other Ann Wood projects I have made; her "tiny rag doll" pattern is a staple of my stitchery...

※※※

I was able to transmogrify the first (doubled and in need of hand cut and pasted) set of calendar masters into a single set of colored pages, and I found a different local copy store with significantly better price per color copy. Time to get out the cutting mat and the hole punch, and send out a second iteration of the Tinyworld calendar, to the friends that I unintentionally missed with my first pass. Not having to hand cut and paste each color illustration will save some time, but it still takes time to cut all the pages to size and punch all the holes.

It was a great relief to me that the first batch made it safely through the postal system, as the counter clerk was a bit dubious about the whole thing. I'll be sending out batch #2 probably tomorrow, and there are a few more needed still, so one more trip to the copy store soon, and I will be done with calendars for this year. Going to think about what I may want to do for 2024, so I can Not Panic when December rolls around...
※※※

Feeling pretty pleased about pixel world activity lately, had a really delightful impromptu zoom with my Port Orford friends last night. And then this afternoon my Crafternoon zoom did exactly what I hope for, providing a good balance between sharing projects and providing support between friends
※※※

January SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 striped tabletweaving
drawings for Vikki
recycle bin
2 night socks toile
2023 calendar masters
yard waste bin
3 2nd set of calendars
- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. Kale bulgar salad freezes well, and when warmed up with extra feta and a few chunks of can't cope chicken, makes a pretty good supper, particularly when garnished with a few raisins.
2. 2nd batch of calendars is done and ready to be mailed out.
3. I am able to use my skills to help with other folks projects

Time of Isolation - Day 1039

2 comments:

  1. The textile book video is fascinating! Incredible how someone could figure that out.

    I have lost my car fob/house keys somewhere in my own small but not tiny house. So frustrating! The expense to replace the fob is staggering: about $500. I try to be so diligent in immediately putting my keys in my purse upon entering the house, but I slipped up this one time. I'll be interested to read where you find your sheet, for surely it will be found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Carol... I do hope that you were/are able to find your keys! I would lose mine in the house all the time, until I made a separate designated "key home" to put them *every* time I return home, that wasn't my purse, or in my pocket.

      I did find the missing sheet late last night, folded *inside* the sheet with the fancy edging that is destined to become a fancy petticoat. I have no idea why I did that!

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed