Monday, January 9, 2023

Monday miscellany

in which our plucky heroine moves forward one thread a a time ...

yesterday, during Crafternoon, we solved the mystery of what to use to attach the toggles and make the loops for my raincoat. I don't remember who suggested paracord, but as it happens I've a length leftover from some other project, and it fits the holes in the toggles perfectly. I'll need to check checked that there is enough, so that is the final bit of supplies for the project handled, and no reason not to begin!
※※※

out and about:

ferns, high up in a parking strip tree...
※※※

This morning I found the missing flannel sheet, folded inside the cotton sheet with the fancy border, the one set aside to become a fancy "Brambly Hedge" petticoat for our someday outdoor tea party. No idea why that made some kind of sense to me at some point?? just glad to have found it again...
※※※

Tonight I began working on the scribal broadside for "Holly is Green", the original round my friend Elizabeth wrote, and is planning on teaching at 12th Night this coming weekend. I also found several facsimiles of Ravenscroft online, so I can look at period graphics for inspiration... The intent is to give the effect of a historical artifact while still readable by modern folk. I won't be at 12th Night of course, but this is a way I can add my own contribution to the ambiance, and help my friends in their goal encourage live performance.
※※※

I'm now at the stage of knitting on my fingerless gloves where they are no longer suitable for knitting while doing anything else. Unlike knitting up the long cuffs, once I reach the hand portion, with all the complex shaping and adding in knit in the round fingers on double pointed wooden needles, the process resembles wrestling with a sea urchin. I actually don't mind it, but I have to maintain focus. The result, eventually, will be a very useful addition to my knitted accessories.
※※※

January SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 striped tabletweaving
drawings for Vikki
recycle bin
2 night socks toile
2023 calendar masters
yard waste bin
3 2nd set of calendars
- -
4 night socks
- -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. there were large enough scraps of the cotton lycra jersey for a pair of night socks, and the fabric is stretchy enough to be easy to put on and off my feet. The nightly lotion is already helping.
2. made a good rough sketch of the broadside, which I intend to finish tomorrow
3. walked almost 3 miles today

Time of Isolation - Day 1040

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed