Saturday, July 9, 2022

Saturday snippets

in which our plucky heroine begins to mend...

While my arm is still Mighty Cranky with having such a big bite taken out, the pain has subsided to more of a bearable dull roar, and I can return to a more creative life again, instead of so dopey from medication that sleep is the only option.
※※※

time in the tinyworld:
.
Day 9 "a lucky find" ... One of the things I brought back from my parents apartment was this tiny articulated china doll,  now named Emilia Kaolin. She wasn't part of my youth, and I'm not sure where she came from, but she is quite personable for someone barely over three inches tall. She arrived wrapped in scraps of cloth, so some actual clothing was the immediate necessity. A small dress of striped silk, with the bodice lined with cotton lawn was challenging because of the Very Small Scale stitching needed. I am sure that my tinyfolk will be kind to this new child...
※※※

~ creativity challenge ~
Day 6 "all that glitters"... is sometimes glitter! The effect is quite sparkly. When the LED flickering tea light is turned on, it rather does look like a campfire with glowing coals.

most of the time making this fire pit was multiple layers of waiting for the glue to dry. I gradually built up the rock cylinder to hold the tea light, gradually built up the firewood from bits of scavenged roots, and assembled all the various component parts. (there's a bit more description about the process in my former blog post)
the ingredients for making a mini campfire fire pit for my tinyworld denizens, from a flickering LED tea light, cardboard, some felt, some glitter, some salvaged root pieces, paint, and glue. Oh, and a few dabs of RTV silicone caulk, and flame color sharpie markers...
※※※

July SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 wee fruit basket
recombinant reindeer
yard waste bin
2 mini fire pit
shelf for router
excisional flesh
3 Emilia dress
- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - removing the pressure bandage and being able to take a shower was a real delight. I can now simply cover the excision with vaseline, gauze, and paper tape, which makes sleeping a lot less fraught

Time of Isolation - Day 842

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for your kind words. I am glad that you are enjoying the glimpse into my somewhat tiny life...

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed