Monday, June 6, 2022

Monday miscellany

in which our plucky heroine is a bit whinge-y...

My back is cranky today, as horsing the mattress out of the bedroom did me no good at all, and having it filling half my hallway makes moving around the house quite awkward. That said, there is progress happening,
※※※

time in the tinyworld:
This whole set of clothing is for the tinyfolk that live with young Kestrel, child of my beloved Mud Bay pals. The request during our zoomcall last month was all the inspiration I needed...
※※※

Sawing 15 slats each 5/8” shorter was my task yesterday evening. When I figured out that I could concurrently continue reading my e-book while I was also handsawing the boards, and that I could use my (much sharper) pull-saw instead of the backed saw that came with the miter box, the whole process became less onerous, if not any faster.

My goal is to have my bed useable again by the end of the week. My intention for the rest of the day is to continue cycling laundry, and to measure and mark where the bed side rails will go, with the hope that maybe that will turn into my also drilling the holes and attaching them. (may incremental progress entice me into further progress). Figuring out how to do each of these things is the real challenge...
※※※

Decided that since I rarely use paper towels in the workshop, that moving the paper towel holder made sense. The wooden horsehead towel holder makes me happy to see it, ever since I made it in an adult ed shop class back in the 80's, so I may as well put it into the kitchen. While usually preferring to use cloth kitchen towels, from time to time there is a chore that needs a disposable wipe up....
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Kestrel's friends clothes replace clothesline
yard waste bin
2 tiny green flannel dress
repair Nandina overalls
recycle bin
3 individual cheesecake 
sew buttons on blouse
-
4 -
old mattress off bed
-
5 -
bed slats shorter
-
6 - Nandina overall pockets
-
7 x move towel holder
x
8 x - x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude
- finding a new-to-me excellent author is a treat. Many books I've not read yet. Just finished reading my first Jo Walton "Or What You Will"

Time of Isolation - Day 812

1 comment:

  1. Ah I came to see the little clothes again. These are so wonderful, delightful, amazing. Brava to you! And PS You are the definition of plucky.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed