CrankyTooth (#19, the tooth was getting extracted in two weeks) developed a very swollen distal gumline Sunday afternoon, and when I phoned the dentist office on Monday, gave me an appointment the next morning (today, which was as soon as they could fit me in) Well, Dr Moon looked in my mouth, confirmed that it was badly infected, prescribed antibiotics, and then offered me a chance to get the tooth extracted today instead of in two weeks, since there was a cancellation with the oral surgeon. So unexpectedly, I bade farewell to CrankyTooth. According to the what the surgeon saw inside my jaw, removing the tooth and all the associated infection was really a good idea! Now I need to heal, as best I can.
My dear friend Poni ended up not only driving me to the dentist early this morning, but we spent the day together, going to the pharmacy to get medication, stopping to eat takeout Thai food for lunch, going back to the dentist office for the extraction, going to another pharmacy for more medication and finally she dropped me off at home so I could unwind and she could return to her own house. I have the best friends!
※※※
April SMART goals (x=extra)
April SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | tiny Euphorbia | jacket snaps added | yard waste bin |
| 2 | tiny moth orchid | moar wood chips in planter | recycle bin |
| 3 | Countess scroll | weight closer for back door | tax forms mailed |
| 4 | Laurel enamel | tiny drawer handles | broken tree parts |
| 5 | sunflower enamel | tiny trowel handle | CrankyTooth |
| 6 | x | x | - |
| 7 | x | x | - |
| 8 | x | x | - |
| 9 | x | x | - |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - dentistry has improved in the last 50 years
Time of Isolation - Day 765
I'm so glad you had that tooth removed. My excellent dentist told me that tooth infections can eat away bones underlying them and such infections can travel to the heart and cause death. He said he thinks more deaths can be attributed to tooth infections than are recognized. And yes, you have the best friends!
ReplyDeleteI am also glad I was able to get this done yesterday instead of having to wait two more weeks. I had already suffered bone loss in several areas, and with the obvious infection, I was scared every day about further consequences. While I feel pretty dreadful today, I know that once I heal from this it will be a big health improvement, as tooth #19 had been a problem for a number of years
Delete