Today had an assortment of stitchery projects. I was asked last week to use my sewing machine to add a decorative patch to the center front of a hoodie, and today I felt coherent enough to return to work that involved scissors and needle and thread. It turned out that the patch was a beautiful design from Cada Johnson, whose textile works and clothing I had seen years ago at OCF under the name of Hartware. It was a real treat to see her artwork again. I had often regretted not acquiring one of her beautiful garments back in the day, so it is encouraging that she is still creating things for folks to embellish theirselves and their surroundings.
Nandina, who has had a most traumatic time of it, turned up in the clean laundry basket today. Indeed, there had been some irreparable damage done to her structural integrity, and I determined that the best option would be to re-create her, as best I could, from the original materials. (fortunately I still have some scraps of the excellent brown/white shot linen fabric that is just right for her complexion). Since Nandina was the first of the tinyfolk that wanted to live here in what is turning out to be a whole little neighborhood "Tansu Terrace", I had to do what I could to bring her back to life. Her original lower legs were still in good shape, so I reused them as part of her revival.
※※※
Well that was adrenaline I certainly didn't want! Someone on the street was going into their house, with a large unknown dog Not On A Leash, and when they closed the door behind themselves, they didn't notice that their dog was not inside with them. I was walking little Wellington, and the dog saw us across the street and came stalking over... while I hollered for them to come back outside and get their dog, W got so excited? that he pulled right out of his collar and began running wildly down the street. I was terrified that W would simply run away, or get lost, or that a car would come careening down the street, or who knows what. Fortunately he ran into my front yard, and was willing to be coaxed into the house. He seems none the worse, but I am still trying to calm my anxiety.
※※※
April SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | tiny Euphorbia | jacket snaps added | yard waste bin |
| 2 | tiny moth orchid | moar wood chips in planter | recycle bin |
| 3 | Countess scroll | weight closer for back door | tax forms mailed |
| 4 | Laurel enamel | tiny drawer handles | broken tree parts |
| 5 | sunflower enamel | tiny trowel handle | CrankyTooth |
| 6 | tiny cutting board | Nandina revived | yard waste bin |
| 7 | tiny serrated knife | x | recycle bin |
| 8 | x | x | - |
| 9 | x | x | - |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - all's well that ends well
Time of Isolation - Day 772

Welcome to New Nandina ! :-)
ReplyDeletePauleJ