Thursday, April 28, 2022

Silver lining

in which our plucky heroine remains baffled...

I have no clue what the little dog that is a temporary denizen here is trying to tell me. He whines and cries a LOT. I have tried extra walkies, I have tried dog treats, I have made sure he has food, and fresh water. I have tried playing toss the dog toy with him. After returning from an extensive walk, the same behavior again almost immediately. He tried digging at the edge of the front door, but doesn't want to then go for a walk, so I have had to block off that area with heavy 5 gallon buckets, as the carpet there is already damaged. The only silver lining is that I am getting much more steps in my daily walking. 
※※※

time in the tinyworld:
mini MOPPE chest of drawers, not quite finished, just over an inch wide... since my tinyfolks will have a craft/workshop space, I figure that they will need ways to keep their supplies organised. The craft sticks and coffee stir sticks require being very selective in order to find pieces that are comparatively flat rather than warped or twisted, so the process of selecting mini-lumber is akin to going to the big box stores for full size lumber (instead of a dedicated but therefore more spendy actual lumberyard), but combined with some careful sanding works well enough.
※※※ 

~ creativity challenge ~
Starting to plan the back wall of the downstairs room in Caer Cardboard, and considering a central hearth, wide mantel, many shelves, and some additional windows, in the Craftsman style, as well as the two bookcases already built. They've been primed with black gesso, but will probably either get painted a color, or with a faux wood grain decorative paint treatment...
※※※

April SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tiny Euphorbia
jacket snaps added
yard waste bin
2 tiny moth orchid
moar wood chips in planter
recycle bin
3 Countess scroll
weight closer for back door
tax forms mailed
4 Laurel enamel
tiny drawer handles
broken tree parts
5 sunflower enamel
tiny trowel handle
CrankyTooth
6 tiny cutting board
Nandina revived yard waste bin
7 tiny serrated knife
x recycle bin
8 mini MOPPE
x -
9 x x -
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - the craft store was willing to let me return the extra package of craft sticks, which I promptly exchanged credit against some orange paint, and a medium jar of gesso. I am eager to make more progress on Caer Cardboard (hence the gesso), and hope to also create some tiny crates of oranges from whole allspice and some more of the stir sticks. Now that (I think) I have cracked the technique for miniature graphics, I can make wee little fruit crate labels!


Time of Isolation - Day 774

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like the little dog is pining for his people and his familiar home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that he is, and that I am a poor substitute

      Delete
  2. I agree with Anonymous. Maybe some snuggles and gentle scratching/petting would help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving him plenty of attention... I'm just not the "right" people. I can understand why his people would prefer a dogsitter for him though, the little guy would be miserable in a regular boarding kennel! Here he gets three or more long walks every day, playtime and scritches, and gets to hang out with me all day

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed