Friday, December 31, 2021

SMART goals, looking backward

in which our plucky heroine wobbles towards 2022...

This morning twas time to soak the black-eyed peas, which will be put to cook overnight with some allium and a ham hock for tomorrow's meal. There's an assortment of fresh greens, and I'm going to add carrot "coins", and mix up a batch of Sister Gigi's corn cakes, to start 2022 off with as much luck as may be possible.

※※※

2021 wasn't entirely a wasted year, even though it often feels like it. Grateful that I have been keeping even this cursory online record of my immediate life, which allows me to revisit in memory some highlights of what I accomplished...

I made things for the beloved children in my life; I recycled the baby hat I made for Kestrel into trimmings on the neckline of a little wool cloak for 4year old herself, made her a kuspuk to match her favorite cartoon character "Molly of Denali", and knit and sewed a whole set of gifts for the child-within who turned out to be baby Liam.

I revisited the world of tiny Nandina, making an assortment of miniature clothing, and even dabbling in tiny Chinese food and even tiny fortune cookies! I made Almandine as part of my experimenting with spun cotton. I even figured out how to make a jack-o-lantern complete with flickering light...

There was another in my "making art for a change" blockprints, which makes three now. While I didn't do as much scribal arts as in years past, I did create a few original pieces that I challenged myself to try new things and expand my skills... I am quite pleased with the Mano D'Oro scroll in particular.

Acorn Cottage requires constant upkeep, and encourages ongoing effort at repair and refurbishment. One of the best things I thought up was to create a weighted screen door closing setup, with some screw eyes, paracord, and a massive eye bolt. My new five burner stove remains a constant source of pleasure, having finally replaced the former dysfunctional (two burners no oven) cooker.
※※※

This morning I woke up in a very different mood than the previous day, and instead of dwelling on how very much is now missing from all of our lives, and mine in particular, I instead was filled with thoughts of gratitude, remembering all the various unexpected ways that friends and family let me know that they were thinking of me, of noticing specifically who I am. I may be distant, but I am very definitely held in love by those dear to me. May it be so for all in this time!
※※※


SMART goals challenge 2021
#THINGS MADETHINGS FIXEDTHINGS GONE
1postcard for Momcardigan mendedexcess dust rhinos
2candied grapefruit peelreplace nose padsrecycle bin
3beaded starsreplace wall hookrecycle bin
4miniature quiltmoved old computerfabric cabbage
5cloak for Kestreldiffuser for cloudlightyard waste bin
6original SCA scrollpruned persimmonsome of the branches
7Kestrel kuspuksaved food using snowall the branches
86 jars orange marmaladedarned Totoro glovesrecycle bin
95 jars applesauce power bar kitchenrandom books
10horseradishpower bar workshoprecycle bin
11matzohs
long power bar computerextra apples
12charter #1rain capelet bindingyard waste bin
13Black Ice cardigannew mask elasticsyard waste bin
14charter #2new mask nosewires recycle bin
156 jars sumo marmaladealter An Tir knit topbag of fabric
16rainbow baby cardiganwall mount Couroc traybag of fabric
17rainbow baby hatrefurbish apron strapsbag of fabric
18rainbow baby bootiesprune Japanese maplebag of fabric
19wire planter cagecover smaller sleeve boardbag of old fur
20prototype mesh wash bagcover larger sleeve boardyard waste bin
215 jars blood orange marmaladebaby plants repottedrecycle bin
223 jars Awesome sauceskirret cage adaptedyard waste bin
234 jars strawberry rhubarb saucetemporary biffytaxes done
24two large blue plantersremove thumbhole cuffsyard waste bin
25bone Viking threadwindersplanted herbs
recycle bin
26original Luttrell-inspired scrollpruned forsythiayard waste bin
27two Adiantum charterspruned persimmon recycle bin
28red Laurel enamelrepotted artichokespaper recycling
29tiny placket tee for Gwencomputer zone shelfrogue garlic plants
30 teal knit tee for Nandinacardboard back gate zoneyard waste bin
31teal knit skirt for Nandinapruned forsythiarecycling bin
32red/grey top for Nandinastarted cucumbersyard waste bin
33red/print skirt for Nandinabackyard mowedrecycle bin
34setting for red LaurelNandina's legsbig bag of fabric
35samara earringswoodchip back gate zonebig bag of fabric
36three baby bapronsrepot tiny tomatobig bag of fabric
37two more bapronsrepot strawberriesbig bag of fabric
38teal/Mod top for Nandinarepot peppersyard waste bin
39Nandina striped knit dress epoxy canister handleyard waste bin
404 more Nandina clothesparacord loops for plantsAilanthus cut down
41Nandina schoolgirl pinaforeend caps for clochesrecycle bin
42tiny red rucksackplanted salad tableyard waste bin
43baby clutch ballrepotted eggplantyard waste bin
44Nandina leather vestotterface needlebookyard waste bin
45baby blanketcleaned iron soleplaterecycle bin
46miniature sofadollar store mini tableyard waste bin
47Nandina Chinese foodsingle bulb garlic stringsbroken oven bits
48garlic scape picklesrepair broken bowlold frozen food
496 mesh laundry bags1 trim attached shower
yard waste bin
50BLM print garlic pulled and strungyard waste bin
51tiny fortune cookiesplanted cucumbersrecycle bin
52fox head blankscreen door weightedyard waste bin
53tiny chickens blanksbedroom window AC recycle bin
54block printed trimfabric stash sorted/culledrecycle bin
55twirly skirtlower L molar surgeryyard waste bin
56Mano d'Oro scrollNandina painted shoesrecycle bin
57four jars dilly beansremoved burned applesyard waste bin
58pickled beetspruned lower apple limbrecycle bin
59Greek masks block carvedresize Kestrel kuspukyard waste bin
60pillowcases printedpruned small plumrecycle bin

overflow SMART goals!!!
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
61 snood for Ariadnepruned quince recycle bin
62 memorial calligraphy pruned sage extra cardboard
63 tiny fox "Almandine" grapevine pruned recycle bin
64 fig lemon jam 5 jars fox head painted -
65 Almandine clothing horses blouse collar -
66 windfall applesauce 5 jars much plum pruning -
67 Nandina blousewindfall fruit gone -
68 postcard #1 rodent removal -
69 postcard #2 and #3 bicycle tube replaced -
70 applesauce 16 jars side plum pruned -
71 Awesome Sauce 7 4oz jars apple tree pruning -
72 Awesome Sauce 5 4oz jars moar apple pruning -
73 5 pints tomato sauce added bat embroidery -
74 tie-dye top freezer defrosted -
75 knitted elephant pears dehydrated -
76 roses kerchief more dried pears -
77 6 jars persimmon ketchup plums harvested -
78 6 jars pickled beets sample leaf and stem -
79 5 jars pear chunks pruned Japanese maple -
80 8 jars quince jelly syrup assemble OMAR -
81 sparkle horse kerchief repaired door closer -
82 miniature hemostat picked quinces -
83 carpenter pockets stove installed -
84 3 jars spiced pears leather thimble -
85 some candied peel teal popover dress -
86 more mini papel picado jelly cloth -
88 final quince jelly 30 persimmons dried -
89 several looper potholders many persimmons dried -
90 woven paper stars pruned Japanese maple -
91 Coptic booklet for Dad pruned persimmon tree -
92 knit pants for Deb reset back door latch -
93 wool top for Deb AC removed for winter -
94 - cleaned keyboard -
95 - lower wire shelves -

SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed