Monday, October 25, 2021

hot stuff

in which our plucky heroine enjoys cooking with gas...

Saturday, my dear friends Rois and Chance stopped by for part of the day, and Chance was able to connect the new range... What a different stovetop experience than the brokendown electric stove. I love the greater responsiveness of the flame, and look forward to putting the high powered burners to the test this autumn and winter making preserves, marmalade and tomato sauce for pantry storage. I've been waiting sixteen years, every since I moved here, to be able to  convert the kitchen to a gas range. Incremental progress is still progress!

※※※

October SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tie-dye top
sample leaf and stem
yard waste bin
2 knitted elephant
pruned Japanese maple
recycle bin
3 -assemble OMAR
recycle bin
4 - repaired door closer
yard waste bin
5 -picked quinces
-
6 x stove installed x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - I have an appointment to see an orthopedic hand specialist about my right hand. Not so grateful I have to wait until December, but at least I can hopefully get some more information about what is wrong and what to do about it...

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that your stove is working now. I have almost always had a gas stove to cook on. I like them so much better than electric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are quiet because you are busy enjoying your new stove
    ,😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been "quiet" here as I have been out of town for a tenday, on the other coast visiting my Aged Parents... just got home late last night.
      Thanks for noticing my absence!

      Delete
  3. I was concerned also. Glad you're ok, and hope your parents are also.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed