Wednesday, June 16, 2021

wistful Wednesday

in which our plucky heroine has nostalgia..

A cartoon* came up on a friends FB feed, which made me think of the amazing graphic artwork of Ron Cobb which was so very much a commentary on the times I grew up within
this was the soundtrack that sprang to mind when I saw the cartoon...
※※※

beauty in the time of isolation:
I have no idea what this pretty flowering succulent is, other than ubiquitous...
※※※

Summer is icumen, the weather forecast for next week has it close to triple digits. I'm finally getting it together to get the plants into the backyard planters, and tonight I put all ten of the cucumbers into the SWP,  and plan on both setting up a trellis for them, and enclosing them with the former chicken hurdles for protection from squirrels.
※※※

~ creativity challenge ~
Definitely creative, but couldn't figure out how to take a photo of the whole thing... now that the hasp adhesive is thoroughly set, I finished my prototype of a weight-based screendoor closing mechanism. Four small eye screws into the doorframe between the screen and the house door, guiding a length of paracord that is anchored at the top to the screendoor, and at the other end to a heavy steel weight. One pleasant surprise is that there is enough friction? that the door closes somewhat more slowly than I had expected, but very solidly. I plan on doing the same thing to the back screendoor, which doesn't stay closed when the weather is windy, and bangs annoyingly.
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 baby clutch ball
otterface needlebook
paper recycling
2 Nandina leather vest
cleaned iron soleplate
rogue garlic plants
3 baby blanket
dollar store mini table
yard waste bin
4 miniature sofa
single bulb garlic strings
recycling bin
5 Nandina Chinese food
repair broken bowl
-
6 garlic scape pickles
1 trim attached shower  x
7 6 mesh laundry bags
garlic pulled and strung x
8 BLM print
planted cucumbers
x
9 x screen door weighted
x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude as the saying goes... "I may be old, but I got to see a lot of great bands"... *


2 comments:

  1. My compliments on your screen door weighted solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... it should work as long as the adhesive holds the hasp to the door, and while it feels weird to have "resistance" when opening it, it isn't a problem, and having it close slowly is perfect for when I move my bike in and out of the front door, which is every time I ride it...

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed