Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Tuesday tidbits

in which our plucky heroine does assorted housey activity...

After an unsuccessful attempt to attach a hasp to the aluminium screen door using the included screws (which the store clerk assured me would work on metal as well as on wood, ummm nope!) I decided to give the Gorilla Glue construction adhesive a try. My reason for such a peculiar action in the first place is to try and create a weight based door closure, as the former spring loaded closure mechanism broke years ago. My hope is that some small eye bolts, some cordage, and a robust weight will serve the same function. The adhesive needs to set for at least 24 hours or more, so further efforts on this particular project will wait until Monday, though I may try out the same idea of the back screen door...

Next step in the bathroom trim project is to cut more of the mouldings to the correct lengths, and to glue shims to the pieces that must bridge the uneven portions of the wall. The craft/popsicle sticks will be ideal for this use, as I have many more of them than needed for miniatures.
※※※

~ creativity challenge ~
first trial proof printing of new Making Art For A Change block... I'm right pleased with how well the fine details in the border printed. Actual size of the block is 2 3/4" x 4 1/2". Design is inspired by the 15th c "Black Hours" manuscripts.

I am not "selling" these, but rather these are part of my "Making Art For A Change" series. They are available to people who make a donation to Don't Shoot PDX, which is a 501c3 organisation doing a variety of social good in the community... There is little I myself can do to effect change, I cannot march, but I can make art. And by encouraging others to donate to those doing work in the community, hopefully some resources go where I would wish to see them allocated, (and those who donate can deduct their donation and get some handmade block printed art.)
※※※

there were only these few, and they needed picked a bit early, as the rain this late causes splitting of the cloves if they are left to their own devices... but once I peeled away the dirt and outer layers, I have eight good sized garlics! (I've now cut away most of the long and slimy stems, and strung the garlic on cord to dry down a bit.
※※※

beauty in the time of isolation:
This morning, before opening the kitchen window shades, the plant light was somehow making these complex patterns on the countertop as it shone through the cucumber starts, which are patiently waiting for me to get them in the ground outside...
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 baby clutch ball
otterface needlebook
paper recycling
2 Nandina leather vest
cleaned iron soleplate
rogue garlic plants
3 baby blanket
dollar store mini table
yard waste bin
4 miniature sofa
single bulb garlic strings
recycling bin
5 Nandina Chinese food
repair broken bowl
-
6 garlic scape pickles
1 trim attached shower  x
7 6 mesh laundry bags
garlic pulled and strung x
8 BLM print
x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - There were two people today that liked my blockprint #3 enough to make a donation. I will be packing those up and taking a bike ride to the post office later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed