in which our plucky heroine is both excited and nervous...
Don't recall ever being so keyed up about a medical procedure. Hope it all goes smoothly. Back later today with an update and a more regular sort of blog post. TTFN!
Ty unknown person... I am so weary of my solitary confinement of over a year, that I am hoping once I am fully vaccinated and the two week immune ramp up has completed, that I will once again be able to hug my also vaccinated friends without fear of causing their or my own untimely death
I have refused mine, not enough testing done for me. The health people have phoned and wrote me five times, they were quite annoyed when I refused it the last time.
You are certainly entitled to bodily autonomy, I would never challenge someone on those grounds! I am surprised that "Health People" have been phoning you offering vaccines... here it is quite a bothersome process to be able to access them at all.
I also hope that you are keeping yourself and people around you safe by carefully isolating, wearing masks whenever out of the house, and avoiding any enclosed public locations such as shopping in stores and suchlike. This year has been agonisingly isolating for me, and I look forward to being able to grocery shop, to hug friends I've only seen (if at all) from ten or more feet away, and someday, eventually, to be able to safely take public transit and to travel to see my family
I'm so glad you were able to get the first one! I too was able to get my first a couple days ago, and seeing the long lines of people going through and the large numbers of medical personnel out there really illustrated the incredible magnitude of this event. The world has dealt with enormous challenges before but I don't think there has ever been such a concerted global effort to accomplish something. I don't know whether I'm impressed or grateful or relieved or all three at once.
Oh I am so glad that you have been able to start the vaccination process as well. The previous global effort to eradicate smallpox comes to mind, but the effort to cope with Covid have been an example of fast good science, building on information that has been worked on for years.
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed
I was so relieved to get my first vax dose I was practically in tears. Good luck to you!
ReplyDeleteTy unknown person... I am so weary of my solitary confinement of over a year, that I am hoping once I am fully vaccinated and the two week immune ramp up has completed, that I will once again be able to hug my also vaccinated friends without fear of causing their or my own untimely death
DeleteI have refused mine, not enough testing done for me. The health people have phoned and wrote me five times, they were quite annoyed when I refused it the last time.
ReplyDeleteYou are certainly entitled to bodily autonomy, I would never challenge someone on those grounds! I am surprised that "Health People" have been phoning you offering vaccines... here it is quite a bothersome process to be able to access them at all.
DeleteI also hope that you are keeping yourself and people around you safe by carefully isolating, wearing masks whenever out of the house, and avoiding any enclosed public locations such as shopping in stores and suchlike. This year has been agonisingly isolating for me, and I look forward to being able to grocery shop, to hug friends I've only seen (if at all) from ten or more feet away, and someday, eventually, to be able to safely take public transit and to travel to see my family
I'm so glad you were able to get the first one! I too was able to get my first a couple days ago, and seeing the long lines of people going through and the large numbers of medical personnel out there really illustrated the incredible magnitude of this event. The world has dealt with enormous challenges before but I don't think there has ever been such a concerted global effort to accomplish something. I don't know whether I'm impressed or grateful or relieved or all three at once.
ReplyDeleteOh I am so glad that you have been able to start the vaccination process as well. The previous global effort to eradicate smallpox comes to mind, but the effort to cope with Covid have been an example of fast good science, building on information that has been worked on for years.
Delete