A tiny bit better today, in some ways... I did spend some time picking up the fabric scraps in the sewing space. Four grocery sacks full and I am not done yet! I figure that containing various areas of "mess" is a start. Once that is done, I can begin to sort/discard/organise. After making such good progress for years, it is a bit disheartening to see how quickly chaos takes hold again.
Several friends are dealing with the estates of elderly relatives currently, and I have no wish to leave (at some hopefully distant time) huge amounts of detritus for someone else to cope with. Perhaps I can turn on some loud music and keep at it every day, in the same way that I want to be sure to add in both physical movement and creativity back into my everyday. If I have a goal or goals, making my incremental actions move me towards them is both necessary and good
Nandina is being silly here, wearing my leather thimble like a tall hat! I used it earlier in today when I did some facial reconstruction, and also reshaped her hairline. I had tried a few weeks earlier to add some shaping to her face, but she told me in no uncertain terms that I needed to give her a proper nose. So I did, which was a bit of a challenge to integrate with her face and look good. Fortunately I found a scrap of the same chambray I used initially, and once I stitched it in place, her forceful personality was much more obvious and she was most pleased.
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | - | Nandina's nose | recycle bin |
| 2 | - | - | yard waste bin |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - the local farm just south of here that grew the lamb that now resides in pieces in my freezer. I thawed out a slice, and it made a tender and flavorful supper, combined with yesterdays roasted potato and some nice fresh coleslaw
* Latin - "incremental progress is still progress"

Re Nandina's nose: I can't imagine how you do such beautiful work on such a tiny scale! But I'm happy you are working with her. It is obvious she has a forceful personality and isn't afraid to ask for (or demand!) what she wants.
ReplyDeleteI, too, am concerned about the amount of detritus I would leave behind were I to shuffle off this mortal coil soon. So, gradually things are being used up or donated but not fast enough, and almost no new possessions enter my home. Fortunately, my children are less sentimental than I am, and will have no problem quickly dispatching my stuff. I think.