It was a rough weekend, unexpectedly dealing with family issues from thousands of miles away. The pandemic makes everything more difficult, but hopefully some modicum of positive change will be forthcoming...
Tiny 3/4" squares, a patchwork dolly quilt for Kestrel, using scraps from garments I've made for her this year. I'm going to send Xanthy, and the felt sheep, and an assortment of other miniatures to her for her dollhouse. I am starting to think that actually scheduling creative time into a specific part of my day, rather than letting it arise organically may be a good idea. I tend to spend much of my day slowly moving through ADL, and trying to make sure I fit in a walk outdoors whenever possible, and while those things are part of living, they are not the sum total of my life...
※※※
these two books about navigating the changes that aging brings to us all, seemed very useful the last time I read through them, and it feels like time to revisit them again... The Art of Dying Well, and Advice for Future Corpses have been put on hold at the library e-book list
※※※
early in March, whilst doing the massive shopping with which I began the pandemic isolation, there was no powdered milk left in the shops, but I managed to find some powdered buttermilk that had been overlooked. This has proved a very useful staple indeed, particularly since while I have stopped drinking wet-milk as a beverage, it is often called for as an ingredient, but dry buttermilk works quite well when reconstituted, or simply mixed into the dry ingredients for things like tea cake. I used the last of the canned pumpkin, mixed with some fresh persimmon, to make a gifty tea cake for the neighbors...
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | tiny patchwork | Nandina's nose | recycle bin |
| 2 | 2 Kiki biscornu | worm bin rebedded | yard waste bin |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - I saved the old instruction pamphlets for this years IRS forms, which gave me great satisfaction to tear to shreds into worm bedding... which will then turn into compost eventually... the worms were grateful for the improved habitat!


Thanks for the book recommendations; I've ordered them from the library. Also for the idea of scheduling creative time as a necessary part of each day -- great idea.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a toddler, we visited an elderly relative and she gave me a little quilt for my dolly. Many years later, I was able to pass that little quilt on to her great-granddaughter.