well it was too good to last, and now am stuck in New Version Blogger hell. So many of the functions I used all the time are gone. Hopefully I can still put a post together, but everything takes twice as long, as I need to constantly toggle into the HTML, and the whole process is pretty buggy.
I remembered, years ago, seeing Tiny Owl Knits "Deer With Tiny Antlers" hat on Ravelry, which seemed to fit both with the overarching theme of the "New Adventure Challenge" in Tiny Rag Doll World as well as with this week's theme "hat or headgear"... but I have no desire to handknit any more than necessary at a 1:12 scale. I am no Althea Crome. It did occur to me that creating a variation on the free hat pattern from Ann Wood, and combining it with some Sally Mavor techniques, would be a fun approach. First off I needed to make some tiny antlers, as that would affect the shape and fit of any little hat that included them:
Well, it all looks a lot easier when the expert does it, but I was able to get the basic effect I hoped for, and the next part will be figuring out how to attach the little wire rack of antlers to a felt hat, and create all the other details (like ears)... stay tuned!
※※※
※※※
September SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | Gwen sunhat | x | old underwindow |
| 2 | dozen EQUITY prints | x | dead cold-packs |
| 3 | x | x | - |
| 4 | x | x | - |
| 5 | x | x | - |
| 6 | x | x | - |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - Zoom however frustrating, is better than never seeing family members again...




If Nandina could speak, I think she would squeal with delight.
ReplyDelete