Time of Isolation - Day 3
with notes from this weekend
with notes from this weekend
aaand... got a phone call Sunday morning from Dr Atapalli: OHSU Dental School and all associated clinics are closed until further notice. Not going to be any timely follow-up appointments for my surgery (which I was concerned about re COVID exposure, since I had already begun precautionary self-isolation) so that decision was taken out of my hands.
(though I do admit I am also a wee bit stressed about not getting knowledgeable feedback about the status of my gums and tooth from someone who can actually see how/if the healing is progressing.... (The stitches in my gums will apparently dissolve in a few weeks, which was the other concern of mine)
※※※
※※※
This past Saturday the view from the front porch was a street blanketed with a layer of snow! I know this was forecast, but it was warm enough two days ago that some folks were wearing shorts!
sanity practice: I'm already struggling with the lack of the small amount of daily human contact I built into everyday. Instead of my once or twice a day stroll or bike ride to the store for groceries, which allowed me a chance to interact with other humans, there was a sensible Massive Shopping, so that I could stay isolated. I am hoping that walking twice a day and taking a photo of something beautiful/interesting to share, and posting that on my FB page and here, will give me similar physical movement at least, though I will need to plan walks on a different route.
※※※
Once my mouth is healed enough that chewing is an option, I'm going to attempt growing "microgreens". The thought being that although it was not really possible to acquire "sprouting seeds" (aside from some mung beans, that fresh greenstuff will be a good addition to the daily meals.
※※※
All this baffling fuss about toilet paper reminds me that it is also possible to use a plastic water bottle with a "sports cap" as a bidet. The bottle can be filled with warm water from the bathroom sink just prior to need, and deployed as necessary.
※※※
※※※
March SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | candied pomelo peel | back corner fence | - |
| 2 | blood orange marmalade | pantry reorganised | - |
| 3 | cara cara marmalade | - | - |
| 4 | x | - | - |
| 5 | x | x | x |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - The warm felted wool slippers, acquired as part of my mystery gift, are such a delight every morning that taking them off and putting on my compression socks and day shoes is a let-down. Truly such a smallish thing can be such a treat! (and I'm glad that I chose to go ahead and acquire them prior to my surgery and the subsequent unexpected viral-driven sequestration)


Snow! A lovely surprise at this late date. Your photo walks are an excellent idea. Each day I plan to go for a walk in the morning but I often find myself in the late evening with no walking accomplished and unable to explain how the day went by so quickly.
ReplyDeleteI've been finding that at least one daily walk makes a huge difference to my mental health. I did a lot of photography during my recovery from cancer surgery, which is when I realised that focusing deeply on looking at things and composing an image allowed my mind a rest from worry, for those few moments. I guess that is a bit like what meditation does for people, but I am not very good at sitting in one place and doing nothing. Good luck and stay healthy
Delete