I bought a lamp. Actually I bought two lamps... both from Lee Valley, both that I had been thinking about for a while, both LED lamps. One is a lighted benchtop magnifier, which should be wonderfully adjustable for dealing with small cloisonne bits and suchlike. The other is a small tabletop growlight, as in reference to yesterdays comment about trying to grow my own salad arugula, which according to the internets grows well indoors.
※※※
Better late than never... homegrown dried plums marinate in sherry, homegrown dried persimmons marinate in port, and homemade candied citrus peel; all is in readiness to bake fruitcake this weekend. It won't get to age for a month, but my hope is that it will be right tasty next weekend.
I was feeling significantly less than stellar on multiple axis, so back to sleep after breakfast was the order of the day. Doorbell rang around noon, and it was a drive by visit from my friend Meagn, who brought me a surprise early natal day gift, a small handmade hit-or-miss rag rug!
She was apologetic about waking me; I was both embarrassed to be caught sleeping in the middle of the day, and charmed at such a useful and thoughtful gift. Had been thinking recently about how nice it would be to have a bedside rug to ameliorate the shock of transition from warm flannel to cold floorboards, and this will fill the spot perfectly. Even remembered that I have a piece of non-slip underlay to put between the rug and the floor, so there will be no slip sliding away!
※※※
Started working on the rest of the 12thC Norman clothing for Laurence (a commission sewing project). The red linen outer layer will be decorated with blockprinted trim stamped with heraldic ermine spots, stamped in black on pale blue linen.
When this is all completed, it will look most festive, with the red/light blue/black layered over the saffron yellow trimmed in red and white. Once the gift is at it's final destination, I will see if I can get Thora to take a photo of Laurence in his new clothing...
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | capsicum-free persimmon ketchup | 2 walls painted | wooden AC support |
| 2 | candied grapefruit peel | neckline has dots | damaged shoes |
| 3 | even more dried persimmon | new lid worm bin | paper recycling |
| 4 | blockprinted ermine trim | x | - |
| 5 | x | x | - |
| 6 | x | x | - |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - a new thick rag rug, made for me by a friend



No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed