Friday, December 28, 2018

Friday fragments

in which our plucky heroine notices a change...

In the interest of helping my chronically injured ankles and knees to heal, with careful movement, PT, ice, and topical medication; I have also been paying good attention to shifting what I eat. This morning the number on my bathroom scale was under 200#, which I've not see the like of in well more than eight years, and I met my year goal! Really surprised me...
※※※


Went up to Seattle on the train, for Christmas and Boxing Day visit with old friends, and also made a new friend. Ate modest amounts of delightful holiday food including roast goose and eggnog cheesecake, saw the new Mary Poppins movie, and had sushi dinner with crispy calamari afterwards. My own home cooking feels rather mundane after that. M very kindly massaged my calves where the Cranky Tendon inserts into my leg, opposite the inflamed bit. The massage seemed to help, maybe particularly combined with the CBD salve that was my birthday gift. I love M dearly and wish he and I could see each other a little more often.
※※※

Started cutting out clothing for SWAP 2019. Looking in the fabric resource shelves for additional options, as I would like to add in one or two of my loose cropped leggings, but those must needs be made from knit fabrics.
※※※

So far, using the bullet journal has been helpful, as I have been writing down one or two tasks that need to happen, and then actually doing them that day. Hopeful this will continue and expand. Splurged and acquired a few colored pens to use, just for fun... don't intend to take it up as a new hobby (because goodness knows I already have plenty of hobbies) but rather to help increase my reliability and timeliness.
※※※


※※※

December SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 brown linen blouse GM enamel extra tartlets**
2 jingle bell brown blouse cuffsbag of fabric scraps
3 indigo batik dressenamel reset low hanging branches
4 miyazaki stamps x yard waste bin
5 Laurel stampx bag to Goodwill
6 much Awesome Sauce x -
7 5 jars mandarin oranges x -
8 scissors sheath x -
9 x
x -
10 x x -

1 comment:

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed