Tuesday, August 9, 2011

more wassup...

in which our plucky heroine acknowledges that getting ducks in a row is at least as challenging as herding cats...

Handfix 2011 is set in place, and calm and helpful confidence abounds in that realm. There are plans, and arrangements made, and time/place reserved for said endeavor. (am delighted with the prospect of upcoming visit of Younger Sister to Acorn Cottage) All set about with uncertainty still is all the rest of the kaboodle further south, which is yet still undiagnosed and undealt with, and issuing forth yet more messages that something is not right.

Fortunately for my equanimity, a lovely and long visit from my dear one helped restore me to my more usual state of internal balance. My frantic panic of last week is eased by several days of delightful domesticity; I wonder if those for whom such is actually commonplace and daily appreciate it for the anodyne that it truly is.

While holding in mind the Metaphor of the Sleeping Dog, shall do my best to allow signs and signals to be an appropriate call to action ; Frank Herbert's "Litany Against Fear" * is an old friend from years ago that may also be a helpful touchstone.

I am a tough cookie, and most always pretty cheerful, with a life that makes sense, with more brightness and joy than ever I expected to have... I am not guessing at this time what I am supposed to learn from all this, am going to do my best to simply walk forward holding in open hands the growth and knowledge and heart that I have been working on all these years
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

a bioregional brunch: scrambled eggs from backyard hens, toast from the local grocery bread case, (with Tillamook butter and homemade quince jelly from some gifted Sellwood quince), and the most delectable smoked salmon fishcakes (Alaska canned salmon mixed with local Puget Sound home-smoked salmon, another gift)
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

.
between the sidewalk and the sky is a whole world, filled with the dappled sunlight of a summer day, and promising a future harvest; look up, and up, and up some more; you are looking into the land where bay-nuts are born...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

*I first read Dune when I was rising thirteen, chose it off the library shelves on account of it being thick enough to give me more than a day of reading...
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed