Saturday, August 13, 2011

looking around + in the freezer

look up...

wooden watertowers atop downtown buildings

look down...

decorative grating on an underground carpark

look all around...

a veg-head in it's native habitat

look at all the blueberries in the kitchen!

part of the twelve pounds that came home yesterday
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

I shall probably need to do some kitchen crafting eventually; sorting through the freezer today to make room for the additional berry goodness gave me some ideas... There are a lot of citrus peels, mostly lemon, so perhaps attempting limoncello might be a good idea. There are a number of bags of (chicken)bones, so cooking up broth will clear out some space. There are still some whole tomatoes, which could be turned into chili jam. And some of the blueberries will become Lavender Blue jam as well, if there is still a bit of homegrown lavender in the side yard, or if one of my friends has some sweet scented lavender to spare
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

This comic just tickles me, because the person who saves the day is a girl
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

A while back, this kawaii hanging dryer needed to come live here at Acorn Cottage. I mean, really, it is a cephalopod, and the one I found was even blue! It lives in the shower, and occasionally drys delicate things that need to not be in the sunlight. Yesterday I discovered that the clips can also be used to hold the shower sprayer overhead, thereby allowing the handheld shower gizmo to also be used as a hands-free shower, which will become important in a little while. I am happy to have discovered this.
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
dog is running around and barking again; I cultivate equanimity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed