Overall, life here at Acorn Cottage is good; compared to most of the US, it has been relatively cool here, though the past week has seen some unrelentingly sunshiney warm days. On Saturday last, G was visiting, and joined our trip up into the hills near Mt Hood. Was a fantastic July day, with woods-walking and exploration and suchlike...
the mountains were visible
a downed log marked like Ogham
there were various unfamiliar flowers
unripe berries, (a variety of manzanita?)~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
On Monday afternoon, went blueberry picking with N, and came home with five pounds of tasty local berries (from Sauvie Island) We ended up going to the same farm that I'd been to two years ago. Blueberries are one of my favorites for eating out of hand, and they are just about the easiest thing to prep for the freezer, requiring simply to be picked over to remove any detritus, then simply bagged up and frozen. Easy-peasy chicken-squeezy!
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
After writing about the bed and the quilt, I decided to go back and re-read what I'd written in the past, about other resonant inanimate objects...
things seen in museums, or handed down from my own befores,
and a memoriam from my own younger days
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
Last week I acquired a Japanese sickle/hoe, a very useful tool for dealing with the very overgrown grasses and weeds around the corners and edges of the yard here. Had been wanting something like this (at least until I can reconfigure the hen run to let the girls keep the edges around the fence nibble back) but was loath to simply order a tool at random of the internet. It looks like this, and does a bangup job of allowing me to hack away at weedy undergrowth/overgrowth. And there is apparently an entire martial art that uses these kind of tools:
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
...have been jumping through so many hoops that it feels like I am now qualified to be a circus animal - and it isn't anywhere near over... have a potential date for hand surgery scheduled next month, but still no information about if the surgery will be covered by OHP... have spent the morning on the phone with multiple offices gathering and transmitting information... stay tuned for more news as it happens, am determined to have both hands functional... grrr arrrr
So, I guess my Wishful Wednesday is for a smooth progress to getting the left hand repaired, a sucessful outcome(eventually), and for help(as needed) during the recovery
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed