Saturday, March 19, 2011

signs of spring

Looking around the yard, there are more and more indications that winter will be turning to springtime before long. Though my eyes love the grey days, warmth will be a welcome change, when wearing four or five layers will no longer be a necessity for the body's comfort...

But look, there are buds on the blueberry! This is a happy thing indeed, as I'd feared that transplanting it into the ground last year had been a fatal mistake. This plant was a housewarming gift six years ago, from my late friend L, and glad I am that it has survived and will be continuing to bless my home and honor her memory...

The garlics, planted last fall, are looking strong with new growth. Hoping to get enough to eat a few one or two heads as well as seed garlic for next year.

This is bittercress, (for anyone who was unsure of what they look like). Now that I know they are edible, will most likely add a tiny bit to things like salad, or cooked greens; as a kind of nature vitamin.

~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~
Today's me-made clothing: grey rayon knit top, grey acorn and leaf print dress, grey chambray pinafore, grey sunhat. It isn't raining, and my plan is to go to the big farmer's market downtown for Opening Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed