Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MeMadeMarch - day 9

Tuesday really felt like the first day of springtime. Air temperature during mid-day is soft enough that no sweater or jacket is needed, and fleecy leggings are likewise superfluous. In addition, not only are there crocus blooming everywhere, and robins looping through the trees on my street, but I saw the first bumblebee of the season, slow and confused, but clinging to the screen door...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

Today's clothing: Grey dress, (made from leaf and acorn fabric from Ikea), grey corduroy jumper, grey and brown stripey handknit vest. The pale blue cowl-like object around my neck is a handknit se[ven]-circle scarf;made from fine gauge alpaca yarn, it is surprisingly warm for something more like a necklace than a shawl. Can you guess that I really like to wear grey; rather than finding it depressing, it feels really peaceful to me.
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~


Met with V yesterday and started working on some embroidery designs - what fun! Norse dragons with asian-inspired clouds (the Vikings weren't much into cloud imagery) This was the second design we came up with, and I worked on the details tonight during Open Studio time, in between soldering, and doing my best to answer A's questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed