
in the grey northwest winter
friends gathered to celebrate

though it was cold outside
handicraft filled the days

eventually springtime arrived

local farmers markets opened

fragrance drifted in the open windows


embroidery decorated clothing
the damp autumn returned
the pantry filled with preserves

the forest shared its bounty

layered clothing for warmth

and as the earth turns back to light and warmth
my wish for all is a year to come of creative joy and whimsy...
≈ : ♥ : ≈
"I want freedom, the right to self-expression, everybody's right to beautiful, radiant things."
- Emma Goldman
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed