~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Taking a short break, as I need to pretty regularly change tasks to keep my hands functioning. The buffer is really making a difference, and if all the rivettey bits come together properly I needn't be ashamed to send this out with my mark on it. Only about forty or so more rivets to drill and set, and a bit of fabrication of the joining plates, and setting the enamel, and it will be ready to photograph. I'll be done before twilight. I hope.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I hope that my writings don't come across like all I do is grouse and whinge about my life. It is a great and wonderful thing that I can support myself with this curious mixture of odd skills, and not have to do work that I hate, for causes that are antithecal to all I believe. If I "let it out" here - A: I don't explode, which would be messy and scare the dog, and B: It shows that thingmaking is not a mystical ever-smooth process, but a very human, lumpy-bumpy journey.
"...you can't keep all that stuff bottled up inside, you got to let it out sometimes, or you'll get strange, and punch the baby in the mouth, and you can't do that...You get an awful big ticket, and it makes you feel...lousey..."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed