Thursday, October 1, 2026

not quite Thursday thoughts

in which our plucky heroine goes down the makerspace rabbit hole...

and also wishes there were two of me, as I have a brain full of creative ideas, and a house full of chores that need done.
※※※

~ rabbit rabbit rabbit ~
It will be a busy month, with fruit preserving not yet finished, guests visiting mid month, and more advent swap preparation. I intend to post as much as possible to encourage particiapation, aiming for a post a day of either possible projects, origami wrapping suggestions, and logistical information. How is it almost October already?
※※※

Rode to the Safeway pharmacy for a newly prescribed blood sugar monitor; apparently my old one needs replaced? The pharmacy there has the new Moderna mRNA flu vaccine (mFlusiva), so I am now up to date on my flu jab as well. Much less painful than the shingles jab.
※※※

Sigh... 3d printing on Tuesday at the library was cancelled, since the instructor was ill. Decided to check out the PCC makerspace, which is an easy bike ride and has more than just 3D printers, also has laser cutter, electronic soldering, cricut machine, and more. Currently free for community folks as long as students are given priority. The studio monitor set up the machines to print two of the projects in my files and also, when I mentioned I was hoping to eventually create my own models rather than simply use other folks designs showed me a bit of what TinkerCAD can do. I can hardly wait to give it a try!

Printing the Wishbone chair 1:12 scale model required much in the way of changing how it was oriented on the plate, and changing where the supports were, as well as cutting it in half to be glued together afterwards. I was very grateful for the help, as I don't yet know enough to make those changes. That model is sooooo very delicate that I broke one leg off, and then cracked the wishbone back as well. Thank goodness for superglue. I want to paint the model, but given the several repairs it needs to have a bit more smoothing done and then be primed. Need to find a PLA-compatible primer source.
※※※

September SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 8 sm jars plum sauce plums in freezergreenwaste bin
2 3D print Dala horseextension cords coiledrecycle bin
3 3D print plant standswind chime suspension recycle bin
4 3 pr dolly boots more plums frozen greenwaste bin
5 12+ jars elderberry syrupnew handheld shower-
6 16 jars Awesome sauce screen door painted x
7 kitchen algebra tag x x
8 RÅSKOG pieces
x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
- found missing blue acorn earrings
- helpful monitor(s) at PCC makerspace
- the pieces of RÅSKOG fit in the faux cardboard box I made earlier.

Time of Isolation - Day 2265

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed