Wednesday, January 7, 2026

wishful Wednesday

in which our plucky heroine has lots of wishes...

most of all that this was not the timeline we were in, or as it has been said "where am I going and why am I in this handbasket"...
※※※

Just figured out that instead of the kitchen timer, I can use "work through the next x-number-of-songs in the set" as my way of keeping self on task! I've been listening to recordings of Grateful Dead concerts via Internet Archive, and they have notated how long each song runs in that particular recording. The Internet Archive (also home of the Wayback Machine) has all sorts of very interesting things to listen to; Dead shows make up only a tiny fragment of their audio collection.
※※※

~ day seven ~
This is my stainless steel chain mail pot scrubber, that moonlights as a paintbrush drying clamp (or is it the other way around)... It normally hangs from one of the drying hooks over my kitchen sink, and one day it occurred to me that I could weave the handle of my just washed paintbrush through the gaps in the mail, and the brush could hang there point down until dry, which is the best way to keep brushes in good condition.  This was a  Useful Gift from Britta's husband Karl, from back when he was making chain mail, and I was renting their spare room. Boy howdy is this thing difficult to draw! I tried to give a sort of impression of the way the links catch the light. Makes me really appreciate the skill that goes into scientific and archaeological drawings. 
※※※

Today I cleaned up under the pantry shelves, where yesterday a bottle of orangeflower water fell from an upper shelf to the concrete floor and shattered. The little vacuum did most of the work, fortunately most of the broken glass landed on some cardboard, and at least the broken jar contained something that had a pleasant, though in this concentration rather intense, scent.
※※※

To balance between what is happening in this country and the bandwidth to continue daily life; we need both to dig in our heels and stop the slide towards fascism and be the sand in their gears, and find what joy exists and build whatever better world for all beings that may still be possible within the ashes of the current debacle.
※※※

January SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 final alphabeast drawing painted mini treerecycle bin
2 --orangeflower water
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x
x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
- Just figured out that instead of the kitchen timer, I can use "work through the next x-number-of-songs in the set" as my way of keeping self on task!
- began a massive declutter project
- the Internet Archive

Time of Isolation - Day 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed