Finding a 22" long zipper in beige or tan was more of a challenge than expected, and required an excursion to the posh fabric store Josephine's Dry Goods, in residential SE, as that was the closest possible source. Fortunately, the resipei embroidery is very suited to being stitched while riding the bus. And when I got there, they didn't have two of the same color, so I bought two that were close but not identical. Foolish me didn't think to ask about that over the phone.
When I got home and could take a look at the emailed receipt, it turns out they are buying their zippers from WAWAK. Which is what I should have done in the first place, given the extremely good prices and selections that WAWAK offers. I'll go ahead and order more in the three most likely colors, since they are less than $1 each. I've had this little Japanese inlaid wooden box since I was a girl. It is about 6 inches tall.
※※※
Rather than going directly home after buying the zippers, instead rode the bus all the way to Grocery Outlet, to pick up suitable cheese (different from my regular sharp cheddar) to top the eggplant parm I want to make tomorrow. Had to look up a few recipes to get an idea of what the usual ingredients were, and decided on some mozzarella.
※※※
Tomorrow I am going to draw two Objects Of My Affection, as tonight I am just too tired to draw at all (sad). It is much better when I draw at the start of my day, not wait until before bedtime!
※※※
Friday the calendar master pages were finished, now off to the copy store, then they need be cut to size, have punched holes and added string, and will be ready to either mail out or hand off to my local pals. Am quite happy with the slightly rustic hand drawn effect of doing all the words and numbers by hand rather than using digital fonts. That said, I will be scanning in the finished pages to also save as PDFs, so I can email them as files for my out of country pals to print out.
※※※
January SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | final alphabeast drawing | painted mini tree | recycle bin |
| 2 | calendar master pages | - | orangeflower water |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
- Very Helpful clerk at the copy shop, did several adjustments to my master copies so they would print out as well as possible
- a tiny indulgence, on the way home from Josephines Dry Goods, I walked the seven blocks to Fifty Licks, and bought myself a mini scoop of my favorite "Lemon Coconut Saffron" sorbet
- made a really tasty tomato sauce for Sunday's eggplant parm, using half of the remaining freezer tomatoes, assorted veggies, herbs, and dried mushrooms. Yesterday I sliced and oven roasted the two eggplant that came in the produce box this week, so all I will need to do tomorrow is layer the ingredients and bake it
Time of Isolation - Day 2022

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed