Time to think about projects for 2026. Though there are several major categories that need my attention, today my daydreams were mostly about wardrobe sewing, as it has become obvious that some of my everyday clothing is becoming noticeably threadbare. While not yet unwearable, some will be better suited to yard and garden duty rather than wearing out and about in the bright world, once I stitch up fresh new replacements.
Back in the halcyon days of Stitchers Guild, the clever Dr E came up with the concept of a 6PAC, being multiple smaller groups of garments than SWAP, and spread throughout the year. I was not the only one who took this idea to heart, and over time used this concept to build my wardrobe. With that thought in mind, my current intention is to use fabrics on hand in brown and teal, and make 2 pairs of long janes (brown jersey and teal jersey), 2 heavy linen pinafores (solid brown and solid teal), and two shirts (plaid and floral)When Sequoia saw the tiny tiara, he was certain that it had been meant for him, and none of the other tinyfolk had the heart to dissuade him... (also, new floral dog bed courtesy of Mackayla)
※※※
Apparently I've somehow misplaced the whimsical tinyworld bed that I assembled (from a laser-cut solid wood kit), painted, and decorated with canal boat roses sometime in 2022 or 2023. I was even thinking last night for a while that I had simply imagined the whole thing, but found photographic evidence here on the blog. I hope to find wherever the "someplace safe" it was put away is, as all of the usual spots are coming up empty, and the kits were a limited run from an artist in the UK.
※※※
Took time today to work on the remaining unfinished calendar drawings. Wolf/wisteria is almost completely inked, which leaves only otter/orchid left to sketch and ink. Checked in at the copy store and the per page charge for not-color card stock copies is only about 40¢, which means I can probably send more folks calendars than I did last year (when I printed full color images from the 100 day stitchbook project) Yay!
※※※
Discovered the online magazine "Craftsmanship" when I followed an article link to the essay: "Could Small Still Be Beautiful?" an interesting read. I am going to enjoy poking around and reading other available articles.
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | 2 pairs underwear | vegetable steamer legs | fridge science experiments |
| 2 | knitted shrew | shrew eyes | yard waste bin |
| 3 | 1 pair undies | Gamma bucket lid | recycle bin |
| 4 | 2 alphabeast drawings | one page of the embroidery transfer | recycle bin |
| 5 | 1 alphabeast drawing | daypack mended | recycle bin |
| 6 | x | cleaned keyboard | x |
| 7 | x | undie waistband | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
- some of my memory is preserved here in the blog universe
- according to UK gardening sites, one can still plant crocus bulbs on Christmas Day, though they may bloom later than usual. (since there was a crocus bulb in one of the advent swap gifts)
- the rainbow jingle-heart is an audible pocket reminder of connection
Time of Isolation - Day 2005

You are truly queen of the domestic realm! There seems to be nothing you haven't turned your hands and creative mind to. Thank you for all the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteSequoia is so adorable in that picture that I must agree -- the tiara is the perfect touch. 🐶
ReplyDelete