Patting myself on the back, I just spent the whole afternoon doing financial admin tasks, and though not even halfway done, have made some significant progress. Still have a lot to do before the end of the year, and I feel right foolish for procrastinating so long on what turns out is not dreadfully difficult, just tedious and complex. I shall do my best to remember this tomorrow, when more of the same is on my task list. If only one could be removed, not sure which character flaw would be my first choice, imposter syndrome or procrastination. They work together as saboteurs...Last night figured out how to use a yarn needle to make loops through the cast off edges (as if to pick up stitches) since the scale of the shrew haunches is too small to do so easily with the knitting needles. Shrew is very close to being finished, just needs the right leg stiched up, toes made and tail knitted on... so kawaii that I'm almost tempted to make another one as a friend to the tinyfolks, said desire tempered however by a clear memory of how I feel about knitting with the 4/0 needles
※※※
Still have some homegrown persimmons in the right stage (firm enough) to cut up and add to kale bulgur feta salad... and am wondering if in the summertime, could do the same thing with peaches or nectarines? I will also try it with a few of the frozen plums. The original recipe is just savory/spicy, not sweet at all, but the tiny addition of fruit sweetness adds so much. While my original change was to add a spoonful of dried currants, then switched to raisins, and I suspect my original inspiration was when 17 year old me was learning about cooking while mostly working as a dishwasher at Smoky Joe's Cafe in Saratoga Springs, and watching Gordon stir fry vegetables and adding in all kinds of ingredients that never would have occurred to my limited experience and palate...
※※※
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | 2 pairs underwear | vegetable steamer legs | fridge science experiments |
| 2 | - | shrew eyes | yard waste bin |
| 3 | - | - | recycle bin |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
- homegrown persimmons in the kale bulgur feta salad
- got past my anxiety and procrastination to begin admin tasks
- cooked up half the produce on hand into various partial or completed meals. This is always a goal of mine (though not always accomplished) as it makes everyday life easier.
Time of Isolation - Day 1992

The shrew is looking great. I hope you will take a photo of it with your tinyfolk before it moves on. I would love to see them together.
ReplyDelete