Monday, December 29, 2025

a surprise and a treat

in which our plucky heroine gets more than she bargained for...

After lunch took a walk over to Sewlarium only to find out that they were closed so decided to check in at the Goodwill to look for buttons (ie mens shirts that might have enough, and of an acceptable color). Found some in a perfect dull teal blue, and thought, hmmm... 11 buttons for $6.99, not bad. When removing them from the shirt I realised that there were two smaller secret undercollar buttons as well (that will be perfect for the upper buttonhole on the tower placket). I had never seen hidden collar buttons before; rather than the usual buttonhole in the collar point, these had a wee twill tape button loop sewn into a seam in the undercollar.
※※※

~ further resipiei progress ~
Finished embroidering line 7: "Put in mor water." This has me not about a halfway done with the second page. The first page has just as much text and more illustrations, so I expect it will take longer. 
※※※

The flannel is a non-symmetrical woven plaid. Glad I noticed that while laying out the bias cut front bodice, and not after it was cut out.  Instead of cutting double layers, after cutting out a single layer piece for one side, it was flipped over and carefully matched with the correct plaid stripes to mirror the alignment on the other side.  Never too old a dog to put new tricks into use; I'd heard of doing this, but never before needed to put it into practice.
※※※

There is this annoying thing the body does, when for some reason it gets a nasty glitch in the sub-scapularis region. To the point of it being painful to breathe. It has done this on random occasions for at least the last fifty years. No obvious activity sets it off, and after making breakfast and been up for a while this morning, there it was. Bah! Getting dressed was a challenge. While I managed to do a few housey chores, eventually gave up and went back to bed, trying not to move. Very thankfully, whatever structural alignment was out of whack sorted itself while I was napping, as I woke up about an hour later able to take a deep breath again. 
※※※

December SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 2 pairs underwear vegetable
steamer legs
fridge science
experiments
2 knitted shrewshrew eyesyard waste bin
3 1 pair undiesGamma bucket lid recycle bin
4 2 alphabeast 
drawings
one page of the
embroidery transfer
recycle bin
5 1 alphabeast 
drawing
daypack mended recycle bin
6 phone pouch cleaned keyboard x
7 transit pass case undie waistband x
8 x Otterbox case x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
- secret undercollar button surprise
- stupid body glitch only lasted half a day
- clever trick to mirror non-symmetrical plaid 

Time of Isolation - Day 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed