Friday, December 26, 2025

A small improvement

in which our plucky heroine has a fairly quiet day indoors...

Doing a little bit of productivity, and a fair amount of planning. If I had rain boots, going out for walks in foul weather would be less fraught. This will require research, and possibly contacting Tullia
※※※

~ the right tool ~
Sewing a transit pass case: while I missed, I am sure, much of the useful content since I do not speak Japanese, I was able to follow enough of the video to create a functional and useful case. Instead of using what appears to be double sticky tape to hold the clear vinyl in place, I used washi tape just on the edges and removed it when done with the internal edge stitching, as shown in a different tutorial. Had to forgo the tiny D-ring, for lack of such hardware, but a leather loop and split ring serve the same function. The new finished case is nowhere near perfect, but it is perfectly functional and a lot less flimsy than what was previously in use...

※※※

Earlier this evening I started cutting out plaid flannel shirt, mostly becasue it is actually a fairly simple sewing project, the only two challenges being properly mirroring the bias plaid front, and then adding the tower placket to the sleeves. My intention is to cut out the rest of the pieces tomorrow, and put in some time every day until it is finished. It may not yet have made much difference, but moving even one packet of fabric and pattern out of the emporium and into the wardrobe is helpful. Another warm wintertime flannel shirt will be very welcome.
※※※

If the forecast is correct, tomorrow might be a good day for a bike ride to the post office. Today was Much Too Damp! 
※※※

December SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 2 pairs underwear vegetable
steamer legs
fridge science
experiments
2 knitted shrewshrew eyesyard waste bin
3 1 pair undiesGamma bucket lid recycle bin
4 2 alphabeast 
drawings
one page of the
embroidery transfer
recycle bin
5 1 alphabeast 
drawing
daypack mended recycle bin
6 phone pouch cleaned keyboard x
7 transit pass case undie waistband x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
- knowing that done is better than perfect
- Mt Dishmore is (temporarily) vanquished
- being able to talk about deep topics with my friend Mischa

Time of Isolation - Day 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed